Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Books I'm Excited For!

There are four books that I'm definitely waiting anxiously for this year.
 
 
First is The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, due out Sept 17th. It's the second in The Raven Boys series, and with how the first ended(involving an ugly baby bird named Chainsaw), I can't wait to see how this one starts out. Course, I eagerly anticipate anything from Maggie. The woman is super talented- she can write, draw, and play what seems like every instrument under the sun!
 
Second is Unbreakable by Kami Garcia, due Oct. 1st. I love following Kami's blog(especially when she lets us see into her writer life- fun!) and really liked the Beautiful Creatures series, so I'm excited to see what her voice is like by itself.
 
 
The third is Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke, due Aug. 15th. Love the title and something about it sounds really good, despite the whole mysterious boy aspect that I sometimes get a little tired of... But reading in the blurb about how River likes to take naps in the sun caught my attention. And this- 'Violet's already so knee-deep in love, she can't see straight. And that's just how River likes it.' Interesting!
 
 
And finally, The Severed Tower, by J. Barton Mitchell, due Nov. 19th. A super good alien take-over series imho. I'm really looking forward to getting to experience The Strange Lands, where the aliens originally landed and so they've become...strange. =) Holt is a great boy character, plus he comes w/a dog and a little girl. Sorta can't beat that combination!
 
And in other random news, I got another ampersand! It's light grey, but looks white, so I put my quail next to it for comparison.  
 

6 comments:

  1. I love how the ampersand works right into your name. :) And I love your bookshelf! Isn't it fun to look forward to upcoming books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! And I love my bookshelf too...I'd only like to have a whole room of them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Le&ndra! I'm popping here from the blogosphere. I'm happy to have found your blog, as reading and writing is my favorite too! I read across all genres, though have been focusing on writing romance of late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I can't ever imagine writing something w/out a little bit of hearts and sugar dust in there somwehere... =) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, some books I haven't heard about yet! Great covers! I'm going to check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!