Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Deadline

I've set one of the above. I'm hoping that if I commit to it here(and post whether I make it or not on the blog) it might help me get my rear in gear. I've been five months in revision, and it's time to get this thing done! Like completely polished, the best I can possibly get it without outside eyes sorta done. My goal is to be finished by May 31st.



So three and a half weeks in which to hammer it all out...yikes. I've given myself deadlines before, but they always passed by and I didn't pay them too much attention. I figured working full time and chasing after the kidlet from one mess to the next meant I could be forgiving of my deadline-missing.

But I'm curious to see if I can actually- for once, for REALS- hit a deadline. And, ergh, I just got nervous thinking about all the work that needs to be done between now and then...*looks at fingernails that just grew out and fights the urge to start nibbling* I'm going to be doing a whole lot of this in the next few weeks:



Except I imagine I'll look a lot less Victorian...and be using a computer, thank goodness! 

12 comments:

  1. Keep trucking- May the 31st is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes- I know! Off to pull up Word right now...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a rather slow weekend on the ms, so I had most definitely better be gettin' at it!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your deadline! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May 31st is my deadline too for my outline. I want to draft it June 1st. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- hopefully come May 31st we'll both be lifting a glass of...something to our success! Mine'll probably be a vanilla pop! ;)

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!