Friday, May 31, 2013

So That Deadline...

And that's the truth! =) I didn't make it, which is a bummer, but I'm not too sad over it, as I feel like I'm really perfecting Liberty or Death(to the extent of my ability w/out the aid of outside eyes) by editing it in hard copy- it's just taking me much longer to read it in that form than I'd anticipated... *frowny face* But I have learned something- from now on, hard copy edits are always going to feature in my revision process. So after this last round of revision, and I cap my red pen, it'll be time for critique partners. Goody gum drops!
 

 
Candy makes everything better- even deadline missing! 

8 comments:

  1. I always do a much more thorough job of editing with hard copy. I don't know why I miss so much with the electronic version, but I do all the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think w/the electronic version, it's just too easy to scroll quickly through it. W/the hard copy it forces me to go more slowly. I mean, I tried to scroll w/the hard copy, but it just didn't work, lol! =)

      Delete
  2. Don't feel bad. Those of us who've been in the trenches for a long time know that everything takes twice or three times longer than you think it will. Deadlines are nice to shoot for but they're not life and death. Cut yourself some slack! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will. Here's a gum drop. ;) And not the gross green ones, but a nice red one!

      Delete
  3. As long as you are continually moving towards that deadline, it's all good. With my latest WIP, I thought I was done twice already. But right when I get "there" I realize there is still more work to be done. Wishing you the best as you finish up those revisions =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I finally get that feeling that I've done all I can do- I'm more than ready to go on to the next book! Thanks for the wishes!

      Delete
  4. I love editing in hard copy. It's the teacher in me that gets excited by colored pens and post it flags. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love cute office supplies! I'm getting ready to buy me some tacks from Etsy. Maybe button ones or flowers... even though I have a whole case of plain ones, those just won't do!

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!