Friday, June 21, 2013

Tired, But Happy(or Lighter in the Pocket, and Heavier on the Bookshelves)


My trip to the book sale netted 33 books! Most were for the kidlet and well... for me, too, because I'm a twenty-eight year old picture book loving grown-up.*smiles sheepishly* But, hey, that's actually great because I've got many years of reading out loud to the kidlet to look forward to.
 
The spoils of war:
 
These were my fav picks for the kidlet:
 I was thrilled to get Duckie Duck by Kate Toms, as I love her books. Her illustrations are made from material with stitched edges. And Here's to You! is super bright and colorful, and Kiss Good Night looks very heartwarming(ew, first time typing that I wrote heartworming).

Then my fav picks for me:
Ann Rinaldi is a wonderful historical writer, and I'm glad to add Taking Liberty to my collection of her books. Sharon Creech...yeah, what else is there to say but that- Sharon Creech. And last but not least- The Whipping Boy. I loved this book in school, and was more than happy to pick up this copy showcasing the colorful cast of characters.

So now I bid you adieu, because my feet hurt(cute sandals aren't conducive to walking- and what's sad is that I know this, but... ya know, cute sandals...) and I'm more than ready to call it a night! But before I go, I have to give a quick shout-out to Ern(not a typo, her mother might have named her Erin, but to me she's Ern, or Smern- sorry, Susan!) for going w/me and offering her expert navigating skills and another sets of arms for the squirmy kidlet. Much appreciated! ;)
 
 

18 comments:

  1. You got some wonderful books there, Leandra. I think aching feet are well worth these finds. {Now as to my bookshelves, mine are beyond the exploding stage. What to do about that? If that'll be your next post, I'm eager...}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My solution? Add a Room of Requirement to your house. I refuse to believe that they don't exist- Hogwarts is real! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love Kiss Goodnight. One of my all time favorites. In fact I love all the books in that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a series? Thanks, I didn't know! I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait until the day that I am able to say that a very famous (and super rich) author once gave me a shout out on her blog!

    The book trip and cheesecake were superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ern! You're my #1 cheerleader. And Nicholas is going to take me next weekend to TCF so that means...more cheesecake, hoo-ray!

      Delete
  4. 33 books! What was the discount?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 33 books and five bookmarks and it came to... $34!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yup! =) Now that my feet are recovered I want to go back. But it's over...*sniff*

      Delete
  6. Awesome! I love picture books...and Mrs. Piggle Wiggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pic book are the best. Is it strange that I get most excited when I'm entering the kids section at B&N? There's just something about all the colorful covers- it's like candy!

      Delete
  7. Huh. I remember reading Whipping Boy in school (it's been a long time since!) but didn't remember it was written by Sid Fleishman. Very cool! Need to check that one out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I need to reread it, too. But it's a thin one, so it'll be fast. A few drive thru-sitting-in-my-car-munching-on-fries moments, & it'll be done! =)

      Delete
  8. Great finds! I love WALK TWO MOONS and KISS GOOD NIGHT. Happy reading to you and your kidlet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kiss Good Night was super sweet.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Is there any other sort of reading? ;) Well, I take that back, certain text books make me wanna cry!

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!