Thursday, August 15, 2013

Picturesque Libraries


I snapped the above pic the other day while I was sitting at the stop sign. After I got married and moved to Edinburgh, one of the things that impressed me most about my new town was its library(Edinburgh Wright-Hageman Public Library). It surprised me with its charm, the reading garden w/a cute little fountain w/rubber duckies in the summer, and the Christmas trees they line the front windows with in December. And oh, yeah, the books! ;)
 
I've Googled a few other libraries, and found some that I'm sure the town's inhabitants are proud to call their own.
 
 
 
Mirror Lake Library, St. Petersburg, FL. I really want them to have a pet alligator for some reason!
 
DSC05643.JPG
 
 E.C. Weber Fraser Public Library, Fraser, MI. I want to sit at that table in the garden while reading a historical romance- pretty!
 

 
 And in the fairness of picturesque library diversity, this stunner is in Milan, the Biblioteca Sormani. And, huh, what can I say? It looks magical... *strives to tamp down library lust... fails.* 

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Edinburgh Library -- I want to live there! I must admit I googled it to see if you lived in Scotland. I'm happy to inform you that you don't live in Scotland, but in Indiana! (I'm sure you're relieved to know that.) I was your "neighbor" when I lived in Bloomington for about 10 years. I loved all the pics. Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well, with a last name like Wallace, it would fit right?

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Libraries are magical places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.
    Libraries used to be the center of every town, and a part of the pride of every town. I wonder how E-reading/E-readers will change this venerable institution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It also makes me want to go to Olive Garden and eat a ton of pasta... ;)

      Delete
  5. They just built a new library in my town. I'll have to snap a photo to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be thrilled to spend time in any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's something so calming about libraries, when you're between the stacks. Well, maybe not the kid section... ;)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the kind comment:) Your post about libraries is fantastic and I love the Edinburgh library picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. Now I want to visit every one of these! Absolutely beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a vacation- planning it around library stops, lol!

      Delete
  9. My favorite library here in Connecticut is the James Blackstone library in Branford. It looks a little like a temple from the outside, and the interior has so many interesting architectural details--like iron spiral staircases in the reference section! (Of course this makes research even more fun!)
    Here's a link to the Google image search:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=blackstone+library+branford&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qQMWUqToM5K44AO18oG4Cw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=653#imgdii=_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is an awesome library- and terrific staircase! I can see why people would want to get married there. Thanks for the link!

      Delete
  10. Well, that settles it. I'm moving to Milan!! (Although I do like my own cute town library...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well if you do, I can count on you for free lodging when I come on vacation, right? ;)

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!