Saturday, September 21, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination!!!

 
So the very cool Jazmen from This Girl Reads Alot nominated me for the Liebster Award. It's a way to help out bloggers with less than 200 followers who could use some more of you awesome people! *blows kisses... it seems appropriate since liebster is German for sweetheart*  =) Below are the questions I was asked, and my answers.
 
1. What got you into blogging/Why'd you start blogging?
I started blogging as I felt like I had super important things to say that people needed to hear... Completely kidding! No, I started blogging b/c I enjoyed reading blogs that dealt w/books and writing and thought it'd be a fun thing to do myself. And it is!
 
2. Favorite books?
Beauty, Chains, The Scorpio Races, The Raven Boys Cycle, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Abhorsen Trilogy and many many mooore!
 
3. Favorite book quote and why?
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you. ~ Mortimer J. Adler
 
4.What is the one thing besides books you cannot live without?
Air? Water? Oh...not so literally? =) That would be family.
 
5. Recommend three books.
Lets see. Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt, The Caged Graves by Dianne Salerni, and Sweetly by Jackson Pearce.
 
6. Favorite snack?
Yikes! This one is hard b/c I love food and I love variety. Um... probably anything I can eat w/some sort of dip. Cheese, marinara, ranch, salsa, etc.
 
7. Favortie time and place to read?
I can read anytime of day, but my fav place is in the car- preferably after I've just went through a drive-thru. Food, pop, and a book in hand- yes, please!
 
8. If you could switch places with one fictional character, who would it be and why?
Since some of the main characters in my fav books go through some really bad stuff(I don't want to fight to the death w/ my peers, have an evil wizard out to get me, or have water horses try and eat me) this is a hard one. So I strolled in to look at my bookcases and decided on Slyvia from the Dinotopia books b/c, you know, she got to grow up w/dinosaurs.  
 
9. One book you wish you could go back in time and unread?
I would like to go back in time and unread Harry Potter, so I could have the pleasure of discovering them again. *waves Gryffindor flag*
 
10. Favorite book related website and why?
Definitely Goodreads! I love friending other people w/similar interests, the groups you can join, the monthly newsletters, the quotes, and the book advertisements that sometimes lead me to books I might not otherwise notice.
 
So that was fun! Thanks again, Jazmen! And now it's time for me to pass on the Liebster Award to the following:
 
The Art of Puro

If you choose to accept here are the directions: Link back to the blogger that tagged you. Nominate 5-10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you. Then ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate as well as letting your nominees know of their award.

And last but not least, here's your questions(sorry they're a bit here and there, but it's the weekend and I've ran out of grey matter...) *self-deprecating smile* 
 
1. Who do you credit as being most inspirational in your life?
2. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
3. Top three authors?
4. Snow or no snow?
5. If you could visit any city in the world, what one would it be?
6. What is your favorite restaurant?
7. Do you loan your books out?
8. What's the one thing you're sick of seeing on book covers?
9. If you could travel back in time to any major historical moment, what would it be?
10. If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be?

Have fun everyone!


26 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love those answers. I love that quote especially. It's not one I've ever heard. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quotes are some of my fav things, after reading that is!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your Liebster award, Leandra, and THANK YOU for the nomination! I love your answers, and will definitely check out the books you've recommended. Also, I am *very* excited to check out the blogs you've recommended, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah! Thanks for the nomination, and congrats also to you! I'll have to fill out the questions after my daughter goes to bed! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, that magical time when the kidlets are asleep! =)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the nomination and congrats to you too:) Happy to partecipate:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award. Loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post. Thanks for the nomination! I'll get working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! And totally, Dinotopia would be awesome :) Well, so long as the velociraptors were nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is why I totally wouldn't be going anywhere near the Rainy Basin, lol!

      Delete
  8. Congrats!! These were great questions and answers! Lots of great books I can put on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the ever growing TBR monster! It's never satisfied, is it? ;)

      Delete
  9. Hi Leandra! I just wanted to thank you again for the nomination—I'm so honored! Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to accept right now as I don't know five people to pass it on to! I need to get reading some more blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!