Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sushine and Sweet

I was recently nominated for two blog awards- the Sunshine Blog Award by Ashley Nixon and the Super Sweet by Ruth Schiffmann from Out on a Limb. Yay! It's always so nice when someone does that. And yes, I'm cheating by doing them together. Forgive me, please? *puppy dog eyes*
 
 
Fav color: I don't really have one... It just depends what jumps out at me on any certain day.
Fav animal: Um...horse. Or otter. Perhaps the fox.
Fav number: I don't like odd numbers. That's sorta an answer...
Fav non-alcoholic drink: I've got this one! Diet vanilla coke from Steak 'n Shake.
Fav alcholic drink: N/A(I love getting to put that on forms at work- it's like na-na-na! I don't have to answer that.) 
Facebook or Twitter: I don't tweet(is that the correct term?), so I guess Facebook. In small doses.
Passions: Reading & writing.
Prefer giving or getting presents: Giving! My step-dad once said I was one of the most thoughtful 'gifters' he knew. Until the ripped marlin shirt incident...Lets just say my Christmas Eve was spent doing some desperate(bad) sewing. Dang sales rack and poor eye sight.
Fav city: Though I've not been there, I'd really love to visit Charleston, SC. Delicious food & history, can't beat that combo.
Fav TV show: Whatever happens to be on Disney Jr. that lets me take a shower in peace. =)
 
 
1. Cookies or cake? Don't force me to choose! The agony! Cake...cookie...cookie stuffed in cake?
2. Chocolate or vanilla? Vah-nee-lah! Though I won't turn my nose up at chocolate. Mama didn't raise no fool.
3. Favorite sweet treat? Anything w/cream cheese.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? After eating lunch or dinner. Time to fill the dessert 'shelf'!
5. Sweet Nick Name? My husband calls me Babe.
 
Thanks again to Ashley & Ruth! You two are both fun gals, whose blogs I always love to visit. Now, my cheating is not done for today. This is the part where I'd nominate other people, but truth be told, I'm starting to run out of people. =/ And options, as I've noticed just about all my blogger buddies have already done their rounds w/these particular awards.
 
So if you're reading this and would like to snag these pretty awards for yourself, consider yourself tagged! If you'd like to send me an email when you post, I'd love to stop by to check out your answers. Or everyone can join in the fun and answer any of the above questions in the comments.
 
Ta-ta for now!

30 comments:

  1. Cookies or cake? That's easy--cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly eat either right now. It's breakfast time, and I'm hungry! =0)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your awards! And the thing that popped out at me was the cookies and cake one too, like Ann! I love both, so I love your answer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, cookie stuffed cake. I'm down for that! :) Congrats on the awards--definitely well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get right on that recipe, eh? *smile!*

      Delete
    2. The answer is definitely YES! :)

      Delete
  4. Your favorite TV show and my favorite TV show are totally the same :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. shhh...i love Disney Junior, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good for at least 10-15 mins of quiet bliss...Aaah!

      Delete
  6. Do you have the recipe for that cookie stuffed cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get it perfected, I'm sure you'll know. After all, I'm quite sure it'll make me famous. =)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! I love your blog--it's an absolute dream. You sound like a girl after my own heart since vanilla pop is the best, creamy and delicious! I look forward to following your blog. Wishing all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! So sweet! Not pig sweet...*blushes*

      Delete
  8. It's odd but I crave sweets in the morning when I'm drinking my coffee. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some sort of breakfast pastry in the morning always perks me up!

      Delete
  9. Cheese cakes! And I just crave them after lunch...don't really know why! Congratulations on the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheesecake is the best! I had a slice of pumpkin cheesecake w/my lunch today. *yerm*

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the awards! I actually prefer odd numbers. Lol. Don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd numbers, hmm...Oh, well! I guess we can still be friends! Lol! ;)

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the awards, Leandra. I was reading the Chocolate V Vanilla question on Ruth's blog and wondering how in the world could anyone pick from those two? They are both excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love chocolate and vanilla swirled soft serve- it's the best of both worlds!

      Delete
  12. Congrats!!! Also, Charleston IS a great city, and you should totally go. I got to visit a few years ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I totally will! But for now I have some Fort Sumter postcards on my cork board. =) They'll have to suffice for the time being...

      Delete
  13. I can't get over the fact that you like vanilla more than chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe. I don't consider this cheating at all!
    LOL. When you said a fox was your favorite animal, I immediate thought of the video "What did the Fox say" http://youtu.be/jofNR_WkoCE

    It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny and foxes? Going to check that out!

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!