Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hearts and Roses and Blitzes- Oh, My!

For my February roundup of cover love, it was a no brainer to go with hearts and roses. So without further ado, here's what caught my eye for this month of sappy cards and cheap chocolates. ;) 
 
 
The blue and red go so well together, and I like the sorta sloppy, watercolor-ish heart.


Love her red shoes, plus those grassy, stone steps are such a cool background.


Bestest. Beauty and the Beast. Retelling. Ever.


I like how heartbeat spikes were incorporated into the title. Smart thinking!


Cute...and disturbing...


Sunny day on a sailboat? 'Nuff said.


For those of you who like your Valentine's Day to be a little more hardcore. ;)
A fav childhood series- such a cutie w/his ears and glasses.


Gorgeous white rose!

 
This book is waiting for me on my Nook- and is also written by a Query Tracker chum! Anyone who's intrigued by this awesome heart(and a London, 1861 setting- ooh!) can find more about it here: Goodreads, B&N, or Amazon.
 
Now on to the blitz part of this post. As some of you probably know(and participated in- thank you!) I was blitzed last week. It was so much fun! As a blogger, I always get excited when I see a new comment, and having 100 plus more was a blast. If you'd like to join in the fun, then simply click on the Blog Blitz button(found towards the end of my sidebar on the right). You'll be directed to DL Hammon's blog, the creator of the Blog Blitz. To join, you just add your name to the list, and once a week you'll get an email on who we'll be blitzing that day. Easy peasey!
 

28 comments:

  1. Some fabulous looking covers there. Glad you enjoyed the Blitz experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to all these writers. Its very important to have great cover art in this electronic age. POeople do judje books by their covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In complete agreement- the cover is a huge factor in whether they take the time to read the description or just move on.

      Delete
  3. I signed up for blitz last week--such an awesome idea! absolutely love these covers--love Loretta Ellsworth and Jennifer Shirk's! and Melissa Walker's (gotta read that one) and I'll have to check out A.W. Exley's--Spreading that QT love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spreading the love goes perfectly with this month's theme! :)

      Delete
  4. Love that Arthur book! Back when he looked like an Aardvark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that when I was looking for the best book cover pic to save. They made his face real round, didn't they? Haven't they heard not to mess w/a good thing?!

      Delete
  5. Love all the covers for the month of love. Ooh, that sounds fun to blog blitz people! Going to check that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's a fun thing to be involved in. It helped take me from 76 followers to over 100. And though I know numbers don't really mean anything, it's still nice to look over & see I've broken one-hundred. =)

      Delete
  6. Hi Leandra & thank you so much for including my book! For those interested Nefertiti's Heart is going to be on sale for just 99 cents for Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh- that is a steal! Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking forward to starting it, the blurb is right up my alley. =)

      Delete
  7. You have such a great eye for covers. I love every single one, but I admit to 3 faves: the creepy zombie one (but such a cute zombie!), Unbreak My Heart (it just looks so romantic and melancholy on the boat with the clouds in the background), and Beastly. That one is frightening, and I don't even know what it's about. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beastly is a modern retelling of Beauty & the Beast. They made a movie of it a few years ago. I liked it pretty good. And you have a good one too! {soon as I get done working Sat. I will!}

      Delete
  8. That last one looks really interesting. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, these all look awesome! I'll have to check out the blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter used to love the Arthur books. Arthur's Valentine was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I love coming across my favorites as a kid. :)

      Delete
  11. I will confess to actually attempting to find those red shoes from the cover of A Little Big Cupid. They are adorable! Love the selections here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red shoes! I only have one pair, but they're kinda cheap, and the stitching on the side hurts my feet. =(

      Delete
  12. Those are gorgeous covers. Love how the gave the girl red shoes to balance the red heart. And all that pink on Unbreak my Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I think of the title I hear the song that's titled the same - 'Unbreak my heeeaart, say you'll love me agaaaaiin...' =D

      Delete
  13. Of course I'm going to drop by and say THANK YOU for mentioning the BLOG BLITZ. It has taken on a life of its own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur welcome! And most good things seem to, don't they? :)

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!