Monday, April 28, 2014

Cover Reveal: The Last Pages


My first love is YA historical fantasy, so I'm super excited to share the cover for The Last Pages with you all! There's so many elements I love about this cover: The script in the background, the buildings, the looming mountain, and then that blaze of fiery red. Not to mention that the girl's holding a SWORD! Congrats to Lara on a fantastic cover for what sounds like a fantastic book!

Blurb:

Kale led a simple life with her mother in a small 18th century town. She never met her father and knew little about her past. That changed when a runaway named Leon forced her into joining him. Soldiers want Leon for treason. They want Kale now, too. She thinks it's because she is with Leon, but he knows better. A mysterious, shadowed figure has joined the chase, but his intentions are not the same as the soldier's.

In the quest to prove that he is innocent, Leon and Kale journey across untamed lands, discover secrets, meet long lost siblings, and find out the truth about their pasts; truth that should not have seen the light. It is truth, which may cost Leon and Kale their lives and send the nearby kingdoms into war. Can they save their lives, stop war from ravaging the land, and undo their mistakes? Or will they die trying?

Add to Goodreads

* * *


About: Lara Whatley is a teen that loves to use her creativity in as many ways as she can. She is an avid reader, and in addition to writing, Lara enjoys sketching, painting, and playing her harp and guitar. Any writing contest she has entered has earned her an award, and she has published several short stories for children co-written with Monica Whatley. She lives with her family in Newmarket, Ontario. Her favourite part of being an author is making new friends, real or otherwise. 

Website | Twitter | Facebook

45 comments:

  1. YA historical fantasy sounds like a great blend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is! ;) 'Course, I'm a bit partial... =)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the cover! Congrats Lara! That is one interesting world you've created. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks quite epic. Love the mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover! And sounds like a fabulous read! I love a good historical fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my fav! And seems to be pretty popular lately, so that makes me happy.

      Delete
  5. Great cover and congrats to Lara! To have penned a novel as a teen is a huge deal. Your ambition is to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome? I wish I'd taken writing seriously at that age. Ah, hindsight!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It was a lot of work, but I promised myself I'd finish it before I turned sixteen. (Partially because there were a bunch of people who said I couldn't do it and I wanted to prove them wrong :P ) And yay! I did it :) So yes, to all you out there... it is possible.

      Delete
  6. That is a gorgeous cover. The book sounds great too! Congrats to Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best to Lara with her book. The cover is compelling - makes you want to turn it over to read the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is the best thing a cover can do! =)

      Delete
  8. yay for QT peeps :) sounds great, congrats to Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right - that IS a gorgeous cover. I love the gleam of the sword; you don't notice it right away, but once you do, you can't take your eyes off of it! Congratulations, Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice cover, eye-catching! I just happened by your blog (new follower) and I'm so glad. It's nice to 'meet' you.
    Best,
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Debi, always love to meet new ppl!

      Delete
  11. Love the cover of The Last Pages and good luck to Lara! It sounds like she's off to a fantastic start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Lara and I need to know who did the cover art. It is so amazing! Also your story is quite enticing. Will look out for June release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sheena! Lara's published through Winslet Press. Here's their site: http://winsletpress.com/ I looked around on it and they seem like a really great small publisher!

      Delete
  13. Hi Leandra,lost a lot of your blog posts:( Thanks for the comment and for the Easter wishes,hope you had a great time too. Love the new covers you posted and loved the library photos. And even if late: Happy Blog Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks, Monica! Easter was lovely. =)

      Delete
  14. Wow, wonderful cover! I love the images, love the font~ it's all great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so impressed by Lara! What a talented young woman!! Congratulations to her for what sounds like an amazing book and awesome cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I wish I'd been that focused at that age. =)

      Delete
  16. Hey Leandra,

    Penny is having a doggy nap and has allowed me to use the computer :) I love a reveal. And heck, I even love a cover reveal. Wishing Lara much success with the June release. And her being Canadian is awesome, eh.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good way to put in some of the local dialect there, Gary! Lol! And I hope Penny didn't kick you off after she woke up. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah and how's it goin', eh! Penny woke up and proceeded to breathe on me. Yuck, doggy breath! :)

      Delete
    3. I hear you on that one. We've gotten doggy mints for our dog before! =D

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous cover! And an interesting synopsis too! Congrats Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for your support and interest! And thank you so much Leandra for posting this!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!