Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Virtual Book Launch: In Closing

It's my CP, Kimberly G. Giarratano's big debut day for GRUNGE GODS & GRAVEYARDS! We're having a virtual book launch party, with posts throughout the day on our blogs. We're so happy you stopped by!

Today was a lot of fun guys! I'm so glad we were able to celebrate Kimberly's incredible achievement of having her book published. Now, before I call it a night, I though that it'd be nice to tell you how Kimberly and I became CP's. 

I'm a member of the Query Tracker forum and a little over a year ago I saw a request from Kimberly, asking if anyone would be interested in reading the first 50 pages of her manuscript. I said yes and loved it from the start. Kimberly's writing is fantastic and immediately draws you in. And even now, one of the things that stood out to me the most was when she was describing the graveyard. I felt like I'd been teleported into one, instead of just sitting on my couch and reading about it on a computer screen. 

A few months went by and I just happened to see on Kimberly's signature line on QT that GG&G was going to be published by Red Adept Publishing. I was so excited that I emailed her about it. Long story short, she asked if we wanted to be CPs. I jumped at the chance-- having such an excellent writer read my stuff? Heck, yeah!

Since then, I've benefited greatly from Kimberly's insight. I can honestly say that my YA historical fantasy wouldn't be near as strong without her input. But most importantly, more than just a CP, I have a friend in Kimberly. We've talked everything from books and writing to kids and marriage. I'm looking forward to the continuation of our friendship, and to seeing just what this writer's life is going to bring our way. 

Love ya, girl, and last but not least, Happy Birthday, GRUNGE GODS & GRAVEYARDS! You're finally here!


36 comments:

  1. OMG! I love you girl! You're the best CP a girl could ever ask for. I gained a CP, but more importantly, I gained a new, awesome friend. Thank you for everything you did for me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I love that GG&G is out there and being read by so many ppl- it gives me warm fuzzies inside! =) Being able to help out in anyway has been an honor, truly.

      Delete
  2. Having good writing friends critique our work can be enormously helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deeply agree! Outside eyes can help to improve so much.

      Delete
  3. Great story, you two! Having CP's that are friends are the best! :) Lots of luck to Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a CP you really click with is absolute magic. Congrats to Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good description, Laurel! I'm always partial to anything that has to do w/magic. :)

      Delete
  5. Having great CP is half the battle won!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story! Finding cps and writing buddies is so important. Both to help your writing, and your sanity! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Kimberly on her debut! It's fun to hear how people found their critique partners. My sister is my CP, so it was pretty easy to find her lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine sisters are the perfect built-in cps! ;) I always wanted a sister, but all I only got were brothers. *sigh*

      Delete
  8. Congrats to Kimberly! That's great that you got to read this over a year ago on Query Tracker and saw this book become…well, a book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Kimberly, it sounds like you guys are excellent CP's :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. huge congrats to Kimberly! Nothing like finding amazing writer friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww. It's fun to read how you two became CPs and friends. Grats to Kimberly! Happy Birthday GG&G!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful story of how you met! (I love QueryTracker!)

    Congrats to Kimberly and her book release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading how you met Kimberly! I still need to find a good CP and didn't realize you could do that through QueryTracker. Good to know! And if you ever want another CP, let me know...

    Congrats to Kimberly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, ppl post looking for CPs all the time!

      Delete
  14. It's great that you and Kimberly made such a connection. And that's a really cool title!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always nice to hear success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry I missed the big day - congratulations, Kimberley!!! It IS a fantastic title. I also loved hearing the story of how you guys connected,. It's good to know it can work out, even if you've never met!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've yet to meet a CP in real life- but I'm hoping to one day!

      Delete
  17. I had a critique partner like that once. Her work was amazing. She's published now...Jamie Sobrato/Jamie Kain. It is a great feeling when you find an unpublished author whose work really excites you and someday you can read that work in print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great feeling! And I'll have to look up Jamie, I always love checking out new to me authors.

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!