Monday, July 14, 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE!(Week 6) + SOULLESS Cover Reveal



1. How I did on last week's goals: My goal was 2,500 words. I wrote 7,300! And the majority of those was written on Tues, when I wrote 6300 words. In a day!! I never do that. So it was pretty cool. =)

2. My goals for this week: 3000 words.

3. A fav line from my WIP: 

She and Lauren have stepped back and are considering me. Then Lauren snaps her fingers. “I know! How about that long tank top tee you got at the market last time we were out. She’s short enough it could be a dress on her."

Florida dives for her closet and emerges with something that is definitely not a dress.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week: Laziness(the usual w/me!). Busting out my goal in  one day meant I just wanted to surf the Internet the rest of the time.

5. Something I love about my WIP: My villain. So far, she's probably one of the most complex I've ever attempted. I got to see a little more into her background this past week.

RSW! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Erin L. FunkJaime MorrowAlison Miller, & Katy Upperman. Visit any of their blogs for a full list of RSW! participants. Happy writing everyone!


* * * 

Have you met the Soulless and Passionate? In the world of 1770 where supernatural beings mix with humanity, Alexia is playing a deadly game.

SOULLESS, Book 2 in the Maiden of Time trilogy

Alexia manipulated time to save the man of her dreams, and lost her best friend to red-eyed wraiths. Still grieving, she struggles to reconcile her loss with what was gained: her impending marriage. But when her wedding is destroyed by the Soulless—who then steal the only protection her people have—she's forced to unleash her true power.

And risk losing everything.

What people are saying about this series: 

"With a completely unique plot that keeps you guessing and interested, it brings you close to the characters, sympathizing with them and understanding their trials and tribulations." --SC, Amazon reviewer

"It's clean, classy and supernaturally packed with suspense, longing, intrigue and magic." --Jill Jennings, TX

"SWOON." --Sherlyn, Mermaid with a Book Reviewer

Crystal Collier is a young adult author who pens dark fantasy, historical, and romance hybrids. She can be found practicing her brother-induced ninja skills while teaching children or madly typing about fantastic and impossible creatures. She has lived from coast to coast and now calls Florida home with her creative husband, three littles, and “friend†(a.k.a. the zombie locked in her closet). Secretly, she dreams of world domination and a bottomless supply of cheese. You can find her on her blog and Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.


COMING October 13, 2014



PREORDER your print copy
or 
Sign up for Crystal Collier's newsletter to receive release news and freebies.

* * *

SOULLESS looks beautiful, and I love how great  it goes w/the first book in the series, MOONLESS. And there's a flight of steps that make my architectural-loving heart happy, and a sword, which makes my uh...blood-loving heart happy? ;) Congrats to Crystal!

P.S. There's still time to get your name in to win a cupcake pin! If you haven't checked out Tara Dairman's interview, go here.

57 comments:

  1. Whoa, 6300 words in one day? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Crystal!
    And wow, you wrote a lot last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANG.

    I am most impressed. GO you!

    Also, YAY for complex villains! This is an area I struggle with and I really hope that my WiP's villain will be more complex as time goes on and I get the motivations right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it does take time for them to develop, it seems. They need to stew, lol!

      Delete
  4. 6,300 words in a day? That's awesome! If you keep that up, you'll have your novel finished in no time! :)

    A big congrats to Crystal! I LOVE her cover for Soulless—so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes! You are on fire girl ... this kind of writing madness only happens once in a blue moon and I wish it would happen more frequently. I just downloaded a book for a couple of bucks called how to go from 2K to 10K ... check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that book- and I only wish I could write 10K in a day! I also wish blue moons happened more often. Ha!

      Delete
  6. Wow! I love writing sprees like that! I just wish they came more often. And I don't think it's lazy to surf the Internet after a big word count like that. It's a reward. :D Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rewarding myself sounds much better, thanks! =)

      Delete
  7. I ran into the same problem with being tempted to slack after killing it in one day of writing. It was sort of like, "Hey, I met my goal. Now I can just sit back and slack." Um...no. Good job blowing your word count goal out of the water this week! Here's to another productive week ahead! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I'll be blowing anything out of the water this week, but steady and sure wins the race, right? *grin*

      Delete
  8. 6,300 words in one day? Wow, lady, you're bedazzling! Love Crystal's cover too, woo hoo. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly you left your word count goal in the dust! Great job Leandra! And I love villains!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whewee! 6300 words? Were you still alive then next day? That's epic. Truly epic.

    Thank you so much for sharing my cover and your kind words. You are the best, Leandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was alive! Sorta...haha! And you're very welcome!

      Delete
  11. That is one awesome cover! Also, 6300 words in a day?!?!?! You are AMAZING! I'm lucky to get that in a week! I am continually impressed and inspired by all the posts I'm reading today. SO HAPPY too!

    Hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks, thanks! And normally I'm lucky to get that in one week too. My muse must've decided to sprinkle me w/a little magic dust. =D

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your word count! WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a word whiz! And that cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least for that day, yes, I was. ;)

      Delete
  14. that's awesome!! There's no better feeling than getting a ton of words down in one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really isn't! The only way to make it better is to have a vanilla pop to go w/it. ;)

      Delete
  15. 6,300 words in one day? I could only dream to write that much, kudos! I love good villains, have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody loves to love a bad guy, right? =D

      Delete
  16. Nice job on your word count! Unfortunately, I understand the laziness thing but still that word count is pretty awesome. Don't you deserve a little break after all those words? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! I'm all for breaks- especially if they involve Kit-Kats. Haha... (alright, so that was terrible, lol!)

      Delete
  17. Wow, you blew your goal out of the water this week! I have never, ever written 6300 words in one day, so I'm in awe right now. It's great that your villain is complex. Those are always the scariest kind! Hope you have a lovely writing week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll ever be able to repeat it either, lol! But it was a great experience. And I hope you do as well!

      Delete
  18. That's an impressive word count. reckon you deserve some laziness after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely indulged in my natural lazy bone. ;)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on ALL THE WORDS!!! I do the same thing if I meet my goal early - web surfing, here I come :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW. Your week's word count is amazing! Just getting over 6000 words in a day... my mind is blown. Good luck on your goal of getting 3000 (or more!) this week!

    I love what you said about your villain starting to come to life and getting more complex. Oftentimes, when that happens in my own writing, the story really starts to get fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind sorta was blown after it too, lol! I went to bed and could not sleep. I think I only slept around three hours that night? Not fun! But for 6000 words in a day- I'd do it all over again, ha!

      Delete
  21. Wow, you rocked the drafting. I definitely need some of your mojo. Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa! That's a lot of words. And 6,300 in one day? I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely not my norm!

      Delete
  23. Congratulations on blowing your goal out of the water! Love your excerpt!! Write on, girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So far my record one day writing word count was 4500, so I am SERIOUSLY impressed with your 6k day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! It totally came out of nowhere for me. =)

      Delete
  25. Woot! That's an incredible word count! Hope this week goes well, and have fun with that villain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks! Her name is Moirah and she is one hard taskmaster. ;)

      Delete
  26. I'm sharing Crystal's cover on Friday. It's gorgeous.

    Congrats on your word count! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Leandra, good for you!! 6,300 words is incredible. And that line is hilarious :)

    Crystal, you are a rock star. You know everyone online, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! And I'm glad you liked the line, thanks. =)

      Delete
  28. Wow! Great job with achieving your goal. That is awesome!

    Crystal is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese Queen domination! Lol! And thanks!

      Delete
  29. I love days when your word count explodes. It would be nice if they happened more often! Haha. Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!