Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Book Party

Last week I attended an Usborne Book Party at my sister-in-laws. I can never resist a chance to help decorate, and a get-together centered around books? I'm there! =) Here are a few pics(plz excuse the cell phone quality):

For food there were mini pork bbq sandwiches(very yummy!), chips and (homemade) salsa, veggies & dip, and berry bites(white choc. cream cheese & assorted berries atop nilla wafers). 


A selection of Usborne books. 

Close up of the quote sign and flowers on the food table. 

Rachael recently became a consultant and if anyone would like to check out her website, I know she'd really appreciate it. She also wanted you all to know that if you become a hostess for a party right now, you can receive double free books...(ooh!) And that's not just for home shows, but eshows as well. Which are pretty convenient b/c you can invite ppl through Facebook and what not. 

As for me, I wanted to share some of the kidlet's Usborne books w/you guys. He really likes them, especially this one:


It's one of the Wipe-Clean books they offer. Since the kidlet is a ninja terror w/pens(you should see the 'artwork' he's left on my walls and the couch...) these books are great. They come w/a marker, but you can even use crayons on it.


This is I'm A Dirty Dinosaur. So cute and I love the juxtapostion of the mud and the bright letters.
 

Now this book, Big Book of Little Stories, I fell in love w/as soon as I started flipping through it. It's such a gorgeously put together collection. The stories in it are illustrated by different artists, so you get something fresh w/each one.


Look at those endpapers! *sigh* And below you'll find a smattering of the variety of artwork in this book. 


   

And Usborne also has a huge selection of educational books, which is always great if you're looking to beef up your child's non-fiction selection. The kidlet has this one:

{My camera died, so I pulled this one off the web. And trust me, when they say giant fold-outs, they really mean it...}

Anyhoo, I could go on and on (I love picture books!) but for the sake of not creating a monster post, I shall stop here. But if any of y'all think you'd like to host an ebook show, I know Rachael would love to hear from you. There's a contact form at the bottom of her website. Or if you're not into shows and would like to order a book directly on the website, you can do that as well. I figure I'm going to find that handy-dandy come Christmas time... Because as you can see, the kidlet is totally hurting for books! ;)

42 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. But I want to know, what are those goodies on the table!!?? Pastries??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be seeing the buns of the bbq sandwiches. =)

      Delete
  2. A book party? I love that! So much better than candles or tupperware. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure! Tupperware parties make me cringe, heh.

      Delete
  3. It looks like an awesome party. What are Usborne books? Should I know this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a company that sells kid's books. If you're not familiar w/them, you should totally check out their website, it's so much fun browsing! Because- books! =)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love Usborne books. My son learned to read with them. We had one collection--it was about a family living on a farm. I think I still have it somewhere, but I can't recall the name. Great, great books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice memory, G.R.! They are great books.

      Delete
  5. We have Usborne Books over here too, some great quality books on offer from them. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Usborne was originally started in the UK! Don't quote me on that as I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were...

      Delete
  6. That's so cute! I'm going to have to get some of those books for my kids. I love the setup and decorations. You are far more artsy than me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The books are so cute! Looks like it was a fun party. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want the tractor book. My kidlet would luuurve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty cool. And there are tons of tractors!

      Delete
  9. Those are adorable!! Especially the dinosaur in the mud and the owl cover - sooooo cute!!! The treats look super yummy too. Books AND snacks?? Sounds like a win to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, books and snacks, my two favoritest things in the world. ;) And I'm such a sucker for dinosaur books. I hope the kidlet will be too, as I've bought a lot so far...

      Delete
  10. What a fun party!! And I LOVE the quote and flower decorations—so cute!

    I'm like you—I'm totally a sucker for picture books. We have sooo many, but whenever I see a cute one, I have to get it. I think the Book Fair workers at my children's school like it when I come to buy books. :)

    That Big Book of Little Stories does look adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, I super anticipated our book fairs at school! I could tell my mom didn't though, as she was a single parent and didn't have much money for extras like that. She always managed to scrape something up for it though- she was a good momma! =)

      Delete
  11. I love Usborne books ... didn't know that you could be a consultant. What a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a consultant seems like it could be a pretty rewarding thing to do if you invest some time and effort into it!

      Delete
  12. I basically can't deal with how adorable all of this is. The end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Sorry for the adorable overload. ;)

      Delete
  13. Wow, okay, can I say that is just the most adorable party! I love the idea! :D Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd attend parties like these all the time if I could. =)

      Delete
  14. Book parties are the best parties. :) The decorations look super!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those parties are SO fun!! They have such great books. And I love the artwork in them too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a fan of whimsy, and you find that so often in picture book artwork. I'm going to be sad when my son's grown and I no longer have an excuse to buy them!

      Delete
  16. You can't bet a party, but it it involves books, then you really can't beat them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like fun and the books are a good idea. If children can get hold of the books and enjoy them (even if it is by scribbling on them) that has to be more encouraging than seeing them on a shelf and not being allowed to touch in case they spoil them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children should definitely feel like books are something to be handled and enjoyed. I only put up a few of the kidlet's nicer storybooks- and the pop-up ones of course!

      Delete
  18. Like that very first photograph. What is inside and the promise of an outdoor party.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!