Monday, August 25, 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE! (Week 12)

 
How I did on last week's goals: My goal was to write 2,500 words. But then that goal changed when I realized I was in the last week of RSW! How did that happen?! Which meant I needed to put the pedal to the medal. I wrote 8000 words...  !AMENDMENT! I was at work when I wrote this, and I knew roughly around the last time I'd counted words, so I went w/that. Now at home, I just did a word count and I actually wrote 13,100 words last week. *squee!*

A fav line(s) from my story:

I dream that night of the farm. Not unusual. What's unusual is that it's a nightmare. I'm in the barn, lying on haybales. A bright, blinding light shines down on me. A form moves out of the dark. It's dad. He holds something up for my inspection. It's not much bigger than his hand, a conglomeration of cogs and gears, screwed together. Then he slams it down into my chest. I scream as it punches through skin, crunches past bone.

"You came back without a heart, Tam. No tim!" He shouts. "I'm fixing you, I'm fixing you!"

The biggest challenge I faced this week: Racing to beat a deadline...

Somthing I love about my WIP: That it's not called that any longer... (Are you guys loving my mysterious use of ellipses yet?)

Summer Recap: My goal for this summer was to finish my WIP, Chain Gang. And...(tee-hee)...I DID IT!!!! This past week was a mad dash of frantic writing. I thought I'd be done on Sunday night and was I so close. I went to bed around midnight and then got up this morning and FINISHED it!!! But I just realized I forgot to write The End, so I need to go back and do that. =) I am so happy guys. SO INSANELY HAPPY. And I'm already looking forward to when I can start tearing it apart in an effort to make it readable. 'Cuz the form it's in right now? *shudders* But I also know revisions won't happen for several months, as me and this word baby need to take a break for awhile.

Many thanks to the ladies who hosted Ready. Set. WRITE!. Erin L. FunkJaime MorrowAlison Miller, & Katy Upperman-- mad props to you for sacrificing your time and talents to make this happen. You all make the writing community just that much more awesome.  I am quite confident that without this summer writing intensive I wouldn't be finished with CG right now. Having people to cheer you along and celebrate your successes(no matter how big or small) is such an inspiring thing. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and left an encouraging comment, as it was much appreciated.

And I shall leave you today w/this quote sign on my desk(courtesy of the superific writing care package I won thru RSW!- Thanks tons, Alison!):

29 comments:

  1. Wooooot! Congrats on finishing your WIP! Good job! And awesome sign too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 8,000 words and you finished your draft! That is all sorts of awesome fantabulousness! A huge double congratulations, Leandra! I also loved your snippet. So intriguing!

    I've really enjoyed following your updates and look forward to hearing about which projects you tackle next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks, G.R.! The same goes for me as well. =)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and please, call me Gisele! :)

      Delete
    3. There's a long story behind going with G.R. as my pen name, lol, but all my friends know me as Gisele. :)

      Delete
  3. You definitely took your sign to heart - you didn't forget to be awesome at all! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks! You all are awesome as well! I seriously couldn't have done it w/out everyone. *feel-good group hug*

      Delete
  4. Holy smokes!!! Do you still have all the keys on your keyboard?
    It's time to celebrate!!! Congratulations!!!
    Vijaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do- they might be smoking slightly, but they're still there! Lol!

      Delete
  5. Way to sprint down the homestretch! 13k in one week is amazing! A big congratulations to you on finishing your WIP, and I hope you enjoy this break from it before tackling those revisions. Wishing you a fall that was just as productive as this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! Definitely excited for this fall, there's nothing like pumpkins and hot chocolate to inspire you. =D

      Delete
  6. Major congrats!! That's so awesome :) I hope you have a nice breather, then have some fun with revisions!! Love that sign, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely going to enjoy my breather. But ideas are starting to pile up for revisions, so that's good!

      Delete
  7. Yay for finishing! I'm so impressed! And thanks again for pointing me in the direction of RSW. It's been such a great summer getting to know all the people involved. Enjoy your break from your FINISHED manuscript. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Already looking forward to it next year. =)

      Delete
  8. WOW! I am so amazed and impressed and SO proud of you! Congrats on finishing! (and what a finish!) Also, I love that you shared a pic of that sign. :) DFTBA!!!

    So glad you could participate in RSW and that it was a productive one for you. Good luck with revising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It wouldn't have happened without you guys!

      Delete
  9. Woohoo! That is amazing! Big congrats, Leandra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY congrats on finishing your WIP. I'm desperately trying not to look at mine and give myself some space from it - but it's hard!! Love that little sign, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!