Monday, October 13, 2014

Meet My Character Blog Hop

My buddy, Beth, tagged me in the Meet My Character Blog Hop. I've done several blog hops in the past, and normally when I now see them making their rounds, inside I'm all- aagh, don't tag me! - but this one I did want to participate in. Short, sweet, and you get to talk about the made-up people in your head. I'm in!
 
1. What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
Tam Sullivan. Yes, fictional.

2. When and where is the story set?
The Midwest, in the future after WWIII has happened.

3. What should we know about him/her?
Tam is a country girl and close to her small family: Mom, Dad, and cousin, Lo. Before tragedy struck, she was a friendly, do-anything-for-you type girl. She loves being outside and lemon pie.

4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
During a trip to the city, Tam's mother was killed and she's now being held captive as a perfomer in an aerial acrobatic show. Her heart's back at the farm, but she's stuck in the Megalith, the world's tallest skyscraper where the shows are held.

5. What is the personal goal of the character?
To escape, and get herself and her cousin back to the safety of home.

6. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
Chain Gang. And no where to read more about it, though maybe one day! =)

And a few more things on this Monday:




Who doesn't love Paddington? Such a cuddly, adorable bear. I found this link through Publisher's Weekly, and at the bottom there's fun Paddington activities you can print out. If you have a few minutes, check out the movie trailer, so funny!   

Also, there's a new post up on Across the Board(the group blog I belong to) about Carrie's publishing journey. Fascinating stuff!

Have a great start to the week everyone!
 
 

45 comments:

  1. 'She loves being outside and lemon pie.' I like her already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world's tallest skyscraper -- forced servitude in an aerial show -- post WWIII. All sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on CG! Thanks for the Paddington links. In my son's PreK class, every student takes a Paddington bear home to write about in a journal. (Obviously I write, Bobby dictates).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was already half way through revising. Or even started! And what a neat classroom thing. That sounds like fun homework! (If there's such a thing)

      Delete
  4. yay loved meeting Tam! I too enjoy Lemon Pie--she sounds like my kind of girl. And Paddington is the best. The. Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! Such a cutie in his little blue coat. :)

      Delete
  5. Intriguing concept. Good luck as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trapped in a skyscraper and forced to perform? Really original idea, LeAndra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like her! And the premise sounds really original - I can't wait to read more! And lemon pie - my mom made the best lemon pie last week, I think Tam would have approved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sound soooo interesting! Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If only I can truss it into submission during revisions...

      Delete
    2. Right?? Patience in that regard is so not my forte!

      Delete
  9. Your book sounds great, Leandra. And my mom has always loved Paddington. She has a ton of stuffed bears she collected when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you'll have to surprise her w/a Paddington movie date! :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your character--sounds good!

    I didn't know they were making a Paddington movie! We love Paddington around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a lot of fun. Though the part w/the toothbrushes & his ears...ugh!

      Delete
  11. I'm looking forward to finding out if Tam and Lo escape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! Well, I do like happy endings... ;)

      Delete
  12. Very cool. Super unique concept, and I love the name Tam. (It may just be because I'm partial to Serenity (River and Simon Tam), but it could just be because it's an awesome name. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, nice & simple, but still pretty.

      Delete
  13. Cool premise!!! She likes to be outside and Lemon pid...hee hee hee. Love it!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant blog hop idea! Your story is intriguing too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your story sounds absolutely intriguing, Leandra! I also saw the Paddington movie trailer--adorable! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, and you too. Mine will b great- after tmrrw I'll have six days off, whoo!

      Delete
  16. MMM Lemon Pie...So her and her cousin are enslaved circus performers but instead of a normal circus the perform at the top of the worlds tallest skyscraper? You know that sounds like an entertaining read. To get awy by trying to climb down the side of the building while loyal or brain washed performers try to stop you and drag you back. oops adding in my own stuff :P Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're stuff sounds good, lol! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  17. That sounds like fun. Well, not like a fun situation for Tam, what with her mother being murdered and her being a captive. But it sounds like Chain Gang will be a fun and interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The things we do to our characters!

      Delete
  18. What an interesting premise for poor Tam! I started with a similar idea, a dystopian set in the Midwest, but came up with a wildly different idea of putting my characters in an underground world called SubTerra. That's what I love about writing. No two ideas ever turn out the same! :)

    BTW, love the name of your tower, Megalith. Sounds like a character of its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the great thing about writing, how it changes from person to person. And thx, I'm partial to my gigantic skyscraper! :)

      Delete
  19. Chain Gang sounds like its going to be a fascinating read, Leandra.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Forced to perform aerial tricks? I must have a lot in common with Tam, b/c that would be my worst nightmare, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your MC sounds adorable, and I love the idea of a bunch of evil circus performers. In fact, I have some in my next WIP (if I ever get the current one done). But my plot's in the present and nothing like yours. Love the name "Megalith." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like an intresting story I would want to read!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!