Friday, November 14, 2014

The 777 Challenge

You've probably seen the 777 Challenge making its way around the blogosphere lately. I've really enjoyed reading these posts. There's something so tantalizing about being offered just a slight peek into what others are writing. So I was more than happy to be tagged by the lovely Vanessa Schwarz and decided to share a bit of a YA paranormal novel that I started several years ago. I love the idea, and plan to finish it, though it's been pushed to the back of the queue by other projects. Someday, my little YAp, someday!

* * *



Cree scowled and opened her mouth to retort just as a girl walked up. Like us, she’s blonde. Though unlike us, it wasn't natural. She had on a cute lace top, studded with rhinestones, and from the jealous gleam in Coleigh’s eyes, I could tell she approved.

“Hi.” The girl smiled and fluttered her fingers in a wave. “Are you guys going out to the parking lot?”

At Coleigh’s nod, she ducked her head and peeked sheepishly up through her bangs. “Can I walk with you? My friend didn’t show and instead of changing my ticket, I went ahead and watched the horror movie. Poor life choice.”

“Ah.” Coleigh smirked. “The one where the physco takes piano wire and—”

“Yeah, that one,” the girl said quickly.

“Sure.” Coleigh jangled her car keys. “We’ll protect you. We’re witches after all.”

* * *

To share in the fun, I'm tagging these lovely ladies: Kimberly, BethLoni, & Kristin. The idea is you go to page 7 of one of your manuscripts, count down 7 lines, and then share the next 7 lines. Or more, like I did(because I am such a rebel). Also, dear readers, if this looks like fun to you, consider yourself tagged. The more the merrier!

44 comments:

  1. A rebel with a clause. :). Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leandra! I love this snippet. Is this a new blog layout or am I seeing things? I like it! Have a super weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi back! No, it's not new, it's the same blue, pink, and polka dots. =) And you, too!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, a fun snippet, and I love that last line, Leandra! I love all things witchy. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fun snippet! Who can't relate to a movie they wish they could unwatch and being afraid to walk out to their car alone? And the last line is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, there are quite a few I would love to do that with. Especially scary ones! And thanks!

      Delete
  5. Maybe walking out with witches isn't a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no worries! They're the good ones. =)

      Delete
  6. Love it :) Hopefully you'll get to finish it one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too! It's about three witch sisters- Chastin, Coleigh, and Cree.

      Delete
  7. I enjoy these glimpses, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds like so much fun!!! Thanks for tagging me!! :)

    I LOVE your excerpt! What a perfect spot to share with us. Okay, heading to my manuscript now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get to finish the story soon, great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I love it! I was taken right in. Yay! You did it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. This is one of the fun ones I don't mind being nominated for. =)

      Delete
  12. Oooo intrigue! I like it! "Poor life choice" made me laugh out loud ... well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, unfortunately, understand poor life choices all too well! ;)

      Delete
  13. I love it, Leandra! You obviously have a very good sense of humor and it comes through in your writing - your characters were funny and cute. Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun!! I'm totally curious what's going on and want to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at the rate I'm going w/constantly racking up new story ideas to write... that'll be around 2020! Ha! (actually, I hope this doesn't turn out to be true!) Though on the bright side, when I finally get around to finishing it, maybe paranormal will be hot again! =D

      Delete
  15. This challenge has been all over Facebook. I recently posted mine. They're fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I didn't know ppl were doing it on Facebook, too, that's interesting.

      Delete
  16. That was the perfect selection! It made me want to read and see if she actually went with them after they said that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I like this little blurb. It's so intriguing! I hope you get back to it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great excerpt. I saw this tag on FB. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved this so much! and I order you to get back to it someday because it's so good (consider this an OFFICIAL ORDER) ;) and I can't wait to do mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am!! Lol! And yay, looking forward to it.

      Delete
  20. Glad you went beyond 7 lines, so we could learn they were witches...fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was definitely more punchier than ending on any of the previous parts. =)

      Delete
  21. I haven't visited your blog in forever ... and the only triple sevens I know are of the Boeing variety :) Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!