Monday, January 5, 2015

Author Stop: Stephanie Faris

https://images-blogger-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-WzGETeFqiFc%2FVFbY-8ReU5I%2FAAAAAAAACgs%2FULksAq7cTPw%2Fs1600%2F25%252Broses_hr.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*

I love middle grade books (they dominated my fav reads of 2014) and so today I'm thrilled to welcome Stephanie Faris, author of 25 ROSES, so we can ask her some questions!

Stephanie: Thank you for having me on your blog today! I’m so excited.

1. What one BIG thing would you pick to happen to your book, if you could?

I’d love for any of my books to be made into a movie or TV show. It seems when that happens, you’re introduced to a much larger reader base and they follow you to your next book (and the next and the next).

2. If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Mexican food, pizza, and, of course, CHOCOLATE!

3. You just started a book club that everyone wants to be a part of (you read the best books & have the best snacks!). What is the name of said book club:

Naming things is always difficult for me for some reason! How about Chocolate and Chapters?!

4. If someone was going to give you flowers, what would you prefer?

My favorite flowers are gerbera daisies, but roses are always beautiful, too. How about 25 of them?!

5. What is a fav line(s) from 25 Roses?

I was out of the matchmaking business. I was out of the helping other people business, too. I just wanted to hang out, eat lunch, and talk about shows I liked and music I’d downloaded.

***

That's a great name for a book club actually! And I love gerbera daises too, though I can never keep them alive. =/ And remember, dear readers, one lucky commenter will win a $5 Amazon gift card. Please just remember to follow Stephanie at one or more of her social media links (winner announced 1/9 via comments). 


https://images-blogger-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-uMNwcK5KxBc%2FVFgRAtmPUuI%2FAAAAAAAACiA%2FeulughFbthM%2Fs1600%2FHeadshotSF.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*
Stephanie Faris knew she wanted to be an author from a very young age. In fact, her mother often told her to stop reading so much and go outside and play with the other kids. After graduating from Middle Tennessee State University with a Bachelor of Science in broadcast journalism, she somehow found herself working in information technology. But she never stopped writing.

Stephanie is the author of 30 Days of No Gossip and 25 Roses, both with Aladdin M!x. When she isn’t crafting fiction, she writes for a variety of online websites on the topics of business, technology, and her favorite subject of all—fashion. She lives in Nashville with her husband, a sales executive.




https://images-blogger-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-WzGETeFqiFc%2FVFbY-8ReU5I%2FAAAAAAAACgs%2FULksAq7cTPw%2Fs1600%2F25%252Broses_hr.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*
Mia moves from the shadows to the spotlight when her matchmaking plans go awry in this contemporary M!X novel from the author of 30 Days of No Gossip.

Mia is used to feeling overlooked: her perfect older sister gets all the attention at home, and the popular clique at school are basically experts at ignoring her. So when it’s time for the annual Student Council chocolate rose sale, Mia is prepared to feel even worse. Because even though anyone can buy and send roses to their crushes and friends, the same (popular) people always end up with roses while everyone else gets left out.

Except a twist of fate puts Mia in charge of selling the roses this year—and that means things are going to change. With a little creativity, Mia makes sure the kids who usually leave empty-handed suddenly find themselves the object of someone’s affection. But her scheme starts to unravel when she realizes that being a secret matchmaker isn’t easy—and neither is being in the spotlight. 


26 comments:

  1. Pizza is one of the primary food groups you know.
    Congratulations, Stephanie! Enjoy your release day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for interviewing me, Leandra. It was so much fun!!! And yes, Alex, pizza is an essential part of any diet! That's what I tell myself anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So great to see Stephanie's book floating around the blogosphere today! I would definitely have to agree with Stephanie on her three food choices—I don't think I could live without chocolate! :) And what a great name for a book club. I'd come to that one, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely join that bookclub!
    Also, this book sounds great! I love a good matchmaking story

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over from Stephanie's blog; I loved reading the interview and the name of her book club; wishing her much success with her new book!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, such a fun interview! that line is fantastic. And I want in on Chocolates and Chapters, ha! sounds like a book club that has everything I need in life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cover is brilliant. I think my daughter would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks adorable! Love the cover too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saved by the Bell! I would definitely welcome a young adult television drama/comedy with Mia as the main star. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun interview, ladies! This book looks wonderful! Leandra, I love MG too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone! Diane, I remember watching Saved by the Bell. I was already too old by the time it came on, but it was a fun show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like such a fun book! Thanks for posting/interviewing. It sounds like a great read for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mexican food and chocolate are my favorite foods too. And that cover is adorable on all accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book sounds super cute and I also love those fave foods!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Stephanie! I'm so there for a book club with that name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for Stephanie! And I totally want to join that book club :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the name of the of the book club, and if we were fed pizza and chocolate, even better! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with all the girls who love that book club name! Where do I sign-up? I love that contemporary chick lit is making a comeback, especially in middle grade where coming-of-age stories need it. Stephanie, your book looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, Stephanie! Your book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fun read. Congratulations, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good job, ladies. That was a fun interview.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my gosh! I could have written the exact same answer to number two. And I love the name Chocolate and Chapters! Kind of makes me want to start a book club of my own now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The winner of the $5 Amazon gift card is... Barbara Hartzler! Congrats, and thanks everyone for all the good wishes for Stephanie and 25 Roses!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun premise for a book! Congratulations to Stephanie!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!