Monday, January 26, 2015

Let's Hang Out (In Which I Mean Your Books)

Though I haven't met you all in 'real life', I consider you my friends. If I knew you in real life, we would probably go out to eat every now and then, as meals w/friends is something I love looking forward to. Or we'd take a trip to the book store, or maybe even go to writing group together. What fun!

But sadly, we're spread out all over the place. So If I can't hang out with you all-- why, I'll hang out w/your books! Except I don't go out to eat all the time, or to the bookstore or writing group. Instead, I do things like laze around my house and go to work (boo). So...

Violet Storm got cold watching TV




We Hear the Dead, The Caged Graves, & The Eighth Day check out the hub's new wet/dry vac




Into the Fire got caught with the candle lighter... again 




An Absence of Light hoping I'll let her drive (sorry!)




Phobic terrorizing some defenseless picture books




Soul Cutter thinks I've been fooled into believing she's doing harmless crafts... (mm-hmm...)




Grunge Gods and Graveyards chillin' at work with me





Don't Fall trying to help me, uh... style my hair... 


* * * 

For those of you who haven't read Don't Fall (by Rachel Schieffelbein), it's a modern day retelling of Rapunzel. Yanno, just so you don't think I'm so weird, lol! Also, Meradeth Houston, author of An Absence of Light (the one who wanted to drive), has a great deal going on with Colors Like Memories right now: It's free!! 

So there you have it, me hanging with some of your books. And please rest easy, as no books were harmed in the making of this post. That red construction paper on the other hand... {Lexa, you need to have a talk w/your book!} ;)


41 comments:

  1. Love this!! So happy to see mine among this awesome group. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome books should hang in awesome company! =D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I try! (my husband insists I'm lame when it comes to humor) ;)

      Delete
  3. Ha, ha, ha! My books totally admire your husband's wet/dry vac. We covet its shiny newness 'cause our shop vac is covered in German Shepherd fur and our new floor vacuum got its roller all clogged up with Daughter #2's hip length hair and bits of chewed-up rope from the dog's toy.

    Yeah, you probably didn't want that visual, did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I totally understand why they were drawn to our shiny new one! It was in solidarity for your rather... overworked shop vac? *hehe*

      Delete
  4. Lol. I'm glad they were there to keep you company :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books and me, me and books. Always. (ugh, that was so cheesy)

      Delete
  5. This is the best thing ever!! LOL! Leah would totally beg you to drive :) And thanks a million for the shout out about Colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all fairness, I'm sure she's a much better driver than me. =) And you're welcome!

      Delete
  6. Such fun - especially liked Phobic scaring other books LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor things still aren't recovered. ;)

      Delete
  7. bahaha I love it!! soul cutter crafting lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post. =) I'm off to check out Don't Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! I'll have a talk with Cara about keeping away from your lighter. ;) You can't trust that girl with fire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so apropos that GG&G is near candy. Also, you have the nicest hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're hilarious! Those books are definitely acting out. At least none were harmed, though I apologize about the construction paper - but at least the Soul Cutter wasn't the one who decided to re-style your hair. That could have ended very badly! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I could use some help in the style department, but you're right, I don't think I want it from Soul Cutter. Much safer to stick w/the dubious (but tame) results from Don't Fall. =)

      Delete
  12. Lol, I really liked this. It was clever! Good job! And some of those covers look really interesting; I'll have to go and check out the books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh this is hysterical! I needed a good laugh - thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is funny! I love reading and collecting my friends' books, and this is such a creative way to show that you're enjoying them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. And we all consider you a friend as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is hilarious!! I love it--cracks me up! What a fun, creative thing, you're way too awesome! I'm so glad we're friends too. Hugs!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to be considered awesome. Lol, thanks!

      Delete
  17. You're so funny ... and true. I love hanging out with my book buds too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hee hee, I love it!! Great post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! :) And DON'T FALL styling your hair--priceless. I really need to check that one out. I love retellings, especially Rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!