Monday, February 2, 2015

Author Stop: Angela V. Cook



Angela's stopped by today and answered a few questions for us! And don't you just love this cover? The shattered heart really pops, and the expression on the girl's face draws me in. It's like she has a secret... 

1. What six words would best describe your book?

Hmm… I’d have to say dark, dangerous, sexy, thrilling, romantic, and... feisty (mainly because I just really like the word “feisty”).

2. When you got the news your book would be published, what did you do to celebrate?

I wish I had some awesome story about champagne and a five-star dinner, but actually, it was more like pizza and sparkling grape juice. Literally. I received the offer on New Year's Eve, 2013, and since my husband was recovering from major back surgery, that’s how we spent the evening. Despite the sub-par celebration, it was still one of the happiest days of my life. I’d been through so much with this book (queried it to an inch of its life, got an agent, went on sub with it, left my agent, blah, blah, blah), and to know it was FINALLY going to have its day in the sun made me feel over-the-moon, couldn't-stop-smiling ecstatic.

3. Create a cupcake! What would it be called, and what would be the flavors?

One of my favorite desserts is lemon meringue pie, so what could be better than a lemon meringue cupcake? The cake itself would be white, and of course there would have to be lemon filling in the middle. Top that with a meringue-ish frosting and voila! I would call it Lemazing (I know… I suck at naming things).

4. What are you working on now that you're most excited about?

I have two other manuscripts that I wrote after INTO A MILLION PIECES, but those are on hold right now, because I’m writing a sequel to IAMP that I’m really, really, REALLY excited about. A sequel wasn’t necessary, and I even debated whether or not to write one (the book could stand alone as is), but I just don’t feel like Allison’s story is over. I have questions I want answered, and to be honest, writing about a teenage succubus is fun and exciting! I really enjoyed writing IAMP, and I feel that same excitement as I continue Allison’s story.

5. What is a fav line(s) from IAMP?

I have to admit, I’m a sucker for the lines that make my toes tingle and my cheeks heat up. Here is one of my favorites:

“With a mere inch or two between our lips, I turned my head, evading the kiss I wanted more than anything else at that moment. Ren rested his forehead against mine in quiet frustration, his warm, sweet breath tickling my lips each time he exhaled.”


* * * 

Oh, I love when foreheads touch, so romantic. It's like a face kiss without lips. =) And I think Lemazing is a great name for a lemon cupcake! And lovely readers, there is a $5 Amazon gift card up for grabs, going to one lucky commenter. Please do remember to follow Angela at one or more of her social media links, thanks! {Winner will be announced via comments on 2/5}

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Angela V. Cook lives a very unexciting, but never boring, life with her husband and two children just outside of Detroit. Like most writers, she’s been making up stories for as long as she can remember and can’t imagine a life that doesn’t involve creating worlds.

Angela loves to write novels for teens because it’s the best outlet for her sarcastic personality, immature sense of humor, and love of romantic firsts. Her idea of the perfect day involves a quiet house, a good book, and a piece of cheesecake. Or two. 

* * *

Allison McKready is a succubus. So is her twin sister. But while Allison spends her summer break hiding in the library behind her Goth makeup, Jade fools around as often as she can. Allison can’t believe Jade would ignore their mother’s fatal example so recklessly, but concealing a cursed bloodline and its dangerous effects is far from Allison’s only problem. Mean girl Julie’s snob mob is determined to ruin her summer, and Aunt Sarah’s Bible thumping is getting louder. Only her new friend, Ren Fisher, offers safe haven from the chaos of her life.

When one of Jade’s risky dates leads to humiliation and sudden tragedy, Allison reels, and Ren catches her. But as her feelings for him grow, so does her fear that she’ll hurt him—or worse—in an unguarded moment. The choice is coming—love him or save him—but Allison might not live to make it. One way or another, the curse will have its due.



Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Apple | Google



27 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome book! Good Luck Angela!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with pizza and sparkling grape juice. ;)

    Congrats to Angela. I adore this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover so much! I could stare at it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Angela! Pizza and sparkling grape juice sounds great to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Angela. I hope the book is a huge success for you. Love the cover.

    P.S put me down for a lemazing cupcake, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about cupcakes--especially ones with a filling, so lemon meringue sounds delicious! That cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to my pub sis! I'm so stoked to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Angela, and good luck with the sequel! Great concept and that cover is absolutely gorgeous. Also, did someone say cupcakes? Mmmmmmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome cover! And a teenage succubus--totally have my attention now! Plus, I want one of those cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Angela! The book sounds awesome, as well as the Lemazing cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Celebrations post hospital visits with pizza and grape juice knowing that all will be well sound fabulous! And how tender is that scene! Lovely. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God luck to Angela, Into A Million Pieces, and her Lemazing cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My best to you, Angela. Much success.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lemon meringue cupcakes sund like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes with Into a Million Pieces and those amazing Lemazing cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an awesome line--I find kiss scenes hardest to write but also the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm... Pizza... It must be lunch time.

    I'm lovin' that quote too. You've got me craving some sweet, sweet romance...but blogging first.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great interview Leandra! Great to meet you Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the sound of that cupcake! Best of luck Angela- let's hope you have feisty sales too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, Angela! I love how your perseverance paid off. I think I would like a Lemanzing myself as I'm a sucker for anything with lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. When I heard I'd sold my first book, I was at work! I had to leave early...I couldn't just sit there the rest of the day. Only, I didn't want my boss to know I was leaving because I'd just sold a book to Simon & Schuster because he might think I'd quit soon... (I did quit about 1.5 years later but not because of that.) So I left saying I had personal business to take care of. I think we just went to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant (Chuy's) to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, love the cover, love the quote...I gotta read this! Congrats to Angela! I think pizza and sparkling grape juice sounds like a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a really great book. I enjoyed the interview. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. And the winner of the $5 Amazon gift card is Jenni Enzor, congrats! And thank you to everyone for showing Angela and Into a Million Pieces all the love.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The cover of Into A Million Pieces is very pretty and I think 'Lemazing' isn't quite a bad name! Congrats to Angela on the book release.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The cover of Into A Million Pieces is very pretty and I think 'Lemazing' isn't quite a bad name! Congrats to Angela on the book release.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!