I have not done one of these in awhile, so here we go!
1. I have resolved to start walking 2-3 times a week. I need to get active someway, and walking seems like a great way to start. Plus, I can take the kidlet along, so there you go.
(This is the library. I personally really dislike that sculpture...)
2. I got a library card! Yes, I do have a library card to my hometown library, but this library card is for the neighboring library one town over. Which has a conference room that I'd like to reserve for a SCBWI critique group meeting that I'm tentatively planning on trying to host. #wishmeluck #i'venevertriedtodosomethinglikethisbefore (umm...are hashtags that long even allowed IRL?)
3. I hate endings. I'm rewriting the ending to my YA dystopian, and it is kicking my butt. I think I finally figured out the twist needed to get myself going on it, once and for all. But I've been avoiding and wrestling it so long, that I've gotten in the habit of avoiding and wrestling it. Does that even make sense?
4. I got a rejection on a short story that's been a bit of a bummer. It's one of those where you really felt like it would've been a great fit. Plus, I really liked this short story-- there were several references to Benjamin Franklin, and I am a fan of that man. But I enjoyed writing it and it came pretty easily to me, so that's a win right there. #lookonthebrightside
5. And lastly, I'm almost done reading FIREFIGHT by Brandon Sanderson. It's the second book in his The Reckoners series (the first being STEELHEART) and WHOA! Are these books good!! They feature superheroes called Epics, except they're not good superheroes. Receiving powers has made bad. Like kill you without a morsel of regret bad. Read them, you won't be disappointed.
So that's it for me! What have you all got going on this Friday?