Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Author Stop: Jenny Bravo


On the blog today, we have Jenny Bravo!

1. I am a sucker for porch swings (I grew up on one). Did you always know THESE ARE THE MOMENTS would feature one on its cover?

Yay, that's amazing! I did not know it would be the cover, but I definitely envisioned it when I was writing. When I sent the book off to the cover designer, she came back with four designs, and this one was absolutely ideal. I got the punch-you-in-the-gut feeling and I just knew it was my perfect cover.

2. You're a NOLA girl! What are some of your New Orleans must-sees? {me and the hubs just might be planning a trip there, so this question is for purely selfish reasons...} ;)

I am a NOLA girl! Let's see. I suggest going to the WWII Museum, the Children's Museum, St. Roch's Market and the River Walk. There's so much to see in the city! Make sure to head to Frenchman Street for some local music, and definitely get some beignets from Café du Monde.

3. Pizza & breadsticks or cheeseburgers & fries? 

Hmm. This is kind of tough. Can I just say coffee? I think I'd have to go with pizza and breadsticks.
 
4. What are three things in your book that you think people will enjoy the most?

Awesome question! I'm going to bullet this one out for you.

 1.  The love story. I still flip back to reread scenes. Without giving too much away, Wendy and Simon are the kind of couple that stay with you. They're the ugly-cry, can't-get-out-of-your-head sort of couple you can't help but love.
 2.  The best friendships. Dear Lord, I love this group of friends. Reese, Wendy and Vivian are in that fun, post-college time where they can't decide if they're grown-up or not. It's fun to watch them figuring it out.
 3.  The sisters. Claudia and Wendy are six years apart with not a lot in common. At first, that is. It's sweet to watch them sort through their problems together, laughing and crying along the way.

5. What is a fav line(s) from TATM?

Okay, I've been mulling over this one. I think my favorite line is, "She looked at him, and he looked at her the way you look at your favorite thing in the world, like he absolutely, decidedly could not get enough of her." It really captures the Wendy/Simon dynamic.


Thank you so much for having me! The book will release on May 26th and is available in ebook and print versions on Amazon.

* * *

There will be a $5 Amazon gift card awarded to one luck commenter! Though plz do follow Jenny @ one of her social media sites.


Jenny Bravo is a writer, singer, and caps lock enthusiast. She writes books, and These Are the Moments is the first one. When she's not writing, she's blogging about writing at Blots & Plots blog. Or singing. Or tap dancing.


You can't go back. You can't go back. You can't go back. Ten years ago, Wendy Lake fell in love with Simon Guidry, who grew up and went away. Now, not much has changed. She's back at home, back from college, almost back to normal. Until Wendy's best friend gets engaged, sending Simon ricocheting back into her life, and leaving Wendy with the questions she's been struggling to ignore. Do people ever really change? Do two people, who can never make it work, actually make it right? And most importantly, does she even want to?

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun (and maybe an ugly-cry or two!). Great to meet you Jenny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love swings, so I think this cover is just pure awesome. Sounds like a great book, too. Best of luck to Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a sweet story! Wishing Jenny lots of success with her book release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! Jenny is so adorable...I can't wait to read her book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I follow Jenny's blog too (and I love that she's a Disney geek & ex-cast member like myself!). Her book looks ADORABLE and I'm so excited for the release!! Great interview, Leandra! (As always :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That might be the prettiest author photo I've ever seen! Makes me want to redo mine. Also, a cool sounding novel! Wishing Jenny lots of success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WANT TO READ THIS!! Sounds fabulous, gorgeous cover. Also, such a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I love porch swings too and this was such a fun interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover. The line from the book is very sweet and romantic. This is my kind of story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg...the cover--LOVE. This sounds right up my alley! congrats to Jenny! also, love that there's a Claudia, I love that name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cover! This sounds like a great one! Thanks for the NOLA sightseeing tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of people getting a second chance at love. There's something about the shared memories of older days that brings people together. The book sounds great! Wishing Jenny much success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a cute love story. :) Hope it's a grand success!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And the winner of the Amazon gc is Erin Funk! Thank you everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bring your software a new mode of development you can contact :-The New Orleans Mobile App Development as novel ways for production elsewhere the website industry run is by way of the point of it should be Software Development New Orleans a large amount in widespread way New Orleans Web Development with the intention of restructuring which will manufacture lay the blame on new things. The Web Design New Orleans provisions in adding together to the belongings will warble help in one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!