Monday, May 25, 2015

The Muse Party Blogfest!


The lovely Sarah Foster over at The Faux Fountain Pen is throwing a blog hop to celebrate four years of blogging! Congrats, Sarah!


1. Who is your muse (or character)? Tell us a little bit about him/her and why you brought them. My character is Darcy. He's the head trainer for the Key Chain Gang, which is an aerialist acrobatic show. I actually dreamed about him, so we've got a pretty strong connection. (Gotta keep it weird, Darcy, sorry)


2. What are you guys wearing? Dressing up or keeping it casual? 
Casual! I'm wearing a short jean skirt (not that short) and a lace top and cute sandals. Darcy's got on work-out pants and a tank top.


3. It's a potluck! Did you bring something yummy? 
Yes, lemon bars! Gooey ones with powedered sugar across the top. Darcy...? Oops, I forgot. *cringes* Performers are on a strict no-sugar diet. Rules of Mo, the Key Chain Gang owner. So forget the lemon bars! We're going with some apples and a cream cheese dip... Okay, okay! Sheesh. Just the apples.


4. Open bar! What are you both drinking (booze or otherwise)? 
I'm not much of a drinker, so I'm going with a diet vanilla pop. I can drink you under the table with those. Darcy's also passing-- practice starts early in the morning. If it was the performer's free time, he'd go w/a beer, maybe.


5. Wallflowers or social butterflies? 
Me, wallflower. Unless I'm in a close circle of friends. Darcy's kind of a mix, so maybe a wallfly? Is that a thing? *making it a thing*


6. What song(s) will you and your muse sing for karaoke? 
We don't sing out loud in other people's hearing.


7. What's your favorite party game? 
I know none. Lemme, ask Darcy, he throws parties in his room on the monkey's one free night a week. Okay, so it involves who can keep a handstand the longest while having beer poured in your mouth. Sounds messy...


8. Which one of you is more likely to end up dancing on a table top? 
Hahahaha-- never. Darcy said you'd only see it from him if he lost a bet.


9. Has your muse been a good date and would you ever hang out with them again? 
He's been a little quiet, but still nice. He'd much rather hang out with Tam, than me. No hard feelings! I like Tam too. (She's his kinda girlfriend, except she's currently not here b/c she escaped...Sorry, buddy! I'm working on a reunion, promise. Uh, just right after I finish that one MG ghost story. *Ouch! Recieving a death glare right now*)


To join in the fun, or read about more muse/characters pairings, check out this list!


32 comments:

  1. I suppose it's better that there are no lemon bars. Jordan had a *cough* interesting moment with some in my WIP...
    I can't even do a handstand so I'd have to pass on that party game, lol.
    Thanks for coming to my party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me neither! =) Though even when I was 40 lbs lighter as a kid, I couldn't do them. And you're welcome, glad to be apart of the fun!

      Delete
  2. A guy in work out pants and a tank top? I may have to restrain my muse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, please, as Tam would not be happy... Jealous girlfriends! ;)

      Delete
  3. Bring the lemon bars anyway - I'll eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both. I can inhale a pan of lemon bars. =)

      Delete
  4. Awww, I love lemon bars. Can't you bring some and the apples too? There wasn't a rule that it had to be only one item.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me the minority, but I'll take a perfect apple over a lemon bar pretty much any day!

    "Pretty sure that if I called you the minority, I'd get accused of being racist," says Will Scarlet. "Which is bogus as hell, since I'm totally your soul brother, and should therefore count as at least half-black in spirit, but whatever. Hey, wallfly! If I beg adorably enough, will you show us some acrobatics? ^^"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This is so fun and funny! Love the voice in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun interview :) And I totally think wallfly should be a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Flies on walls still occasionally buzz the room. ;)

      Delete
  8. They all want to be our favorites, don't they. Don't worry, Darcy, she'll get back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha! *He's still giving me a grumpy look...*

      Delete
  9. Ha ha, love how you do that & with your name! Sounds like this party should have been scheduled on Darcy's one night off! Poor guy. I hate going to a party when I can't really party, but, he sure is great eye candy so thanks for bringing him! He can have some of my confit de canard. Duck fat is some of the best-for-you fat on the planet! Lisa @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It works quite well, I will admit. =) And...um, thank you for the duck fat? Lol!

      Delete
  10. Darcey sounds extra sweet, so no need to eat sweets. Yum lemon bars. I would have eaten those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eat any lemon dessert. Always.

      Delete
  11. Ooh I do love aerialists.. I bet he can hold that handstand for a long time!
    I have a friend who was challenged by his friends to drink shots until he couldn't juggle 5 balls anymore. Unfortunately juggling is run by muscle memory so he was kneeling on the ground juggling before they finally cut him off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a great story. Though I doubt the guy thought so in the morning. ;)

      Delete
  12. Lemon bars...yum! I'm loving this blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desserts make parties (and blogfests) all the merrier!

      Delete
  13. Darn. I love lemon bars!
    WallFly should definetly be a thing!
    Nice to meet you, Darcy!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I just ate those lemon bars a few days ago on vacation--best ones I've ever had (and they were gluten-free)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so cool! I had no idea your ms was about aerialists! Awesome! I can't wait to read it! And I love how you answered the questions about your character/muse. Too funny! Sounds like it was a fun blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!