Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Stars of Summer Blog Tour



Today I'm hosting the awesome Tara Dairman! The STARS OF SUMMER is the sequel to the fabulous ALL FOUR STARS. I'm excited to read it, as Gladys is such a fun character-- and one who's a foodie to boot! In TSoS, we find Gladys at camp, when she really needs to be scouring New York looking for the perfect hot dog. With these two things in mind, I've asked Tara the following questions!

S'mores or fire-roasted hot dogs?

S'mores are great, but I'll have to go with the hot dogs--especially given the focus of my new book!


Sleeping bag, tent, or a nice cozy cabin?

I've spent time in all three, and definitely pick the cabin.


Relish, mustard, or ketchup?

I'm going to be difficult and say 'aioli.' :)


Crafts or sports?

There's nothing wrong with sports, but I'll have to go for crafts. Especially if the craft involves food and I can eat it when I'm done crafting!


Hot dog in a bun or a blanket?

Oooh, great question. Blankets are flaky and delicious...


Sing alongs or a scary story?

I'm pretty wimpy about the scary stuff, but I don't have much of a voice, either. Sing along wins by a hair.

* * * 

Tara Dairman is the author of ALL FOUR STARS, which was named an Amazon Best Book of the Month and a Mighty Girl Top Book of 2014 for Teens and Tweens. She is also a playwright and recovering world traveler. She grew up in New York and received a B.A. in Creative Writing from Dartmouth College. After surviving the world's longest honeymoon (two years, seventy-four countries!), she now lives in Colorado with her husband and their trusty waffle iron.

WebsiteTwitter | Facebook | Instagram



Title: THE STARS OF SUMMER
ISBN-13: 978-0-399-17069-0
Publisher: G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers (Penguin)
Release date: May 5, 2015

In this charming sequel to All Four Stars, eleven-year-old foodie Gladys Gatsby now has her first published review under her belt and is looking forward to a quiet summer of cooking and reviewing. But her plans quickly go awry when her friend Charissa Bentley delivers Gladys’s birthday gift: a free summer at Camp Bentley.

As Gladys feared, camp life is not easy: she struggles to pass her swim test and can’t keep the other campers happy while planning lunches. The worst part is she can’t seem to get away from the annoying new “celebrity” camper and sneak away for her latest assignment—finding the best hot dog in New York City. But when it turns out her hot dog assignment was a dirty trick by a jealous reviewer, Gladys’s reviewing career may be over forever.


Author photo credit: Crowded Studio Photography
Book covers: Kelly Murphy


14 comments:

  1. It looks interesting and LOVE the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview. This book looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of an eleven-year-old foodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so fun! Looking forward to passing this book on to my little sisters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love aioli! It's underrated. Adorable covers! They look like awesome reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Love Tara's answers! ALL FOUR STARS was so delightful. I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so cute! And once again, I LOVE your interview! You always ask the funnest questions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun interview! I loved this book~ thanks for featuring it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, hotdogs. She'd get along great with one of my main characters. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun interview! :) I haven't had a good hot dog in ages. This looks like such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm aioli! love that stuff lol what a fun interview and the book looks adorable! All Four Stars was too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!