Thursday, June 11, 2015

Would You Like to Ask a Nice British Author a Question?


Mike Revell is the author of the recently released Stonebird from Quercus books. And he will be answering your questions! From now until June 14th, feel free to ask him anything you want (well, you know, within reason. I'm sure he doesn't want to share his bank account number with you, or anything of that sort). Just submit your question in the comments section and I will then scoop them up and send them on to Mike. Writing, reading, books, life in general, bring it on! 

His answers will then be posted on June 19th for all to read. So yay, I'm super excited! And if you think Stonebird looks good (I sure do!) then feel free to mark it on Goodreads. And check out Mike's website, which has a fantastic design.  

So ask away, lovely readers!



When eleven-year-old Liam moves house to be closer to his grandma, he's thrown into an unfamiliar place, with a family that seems to be falling apart.

Liam doesn't remember what Grandma was like before she became ill with dementia. He only knows the witch-like old woman who snaps and snarls and eats her birthday cards. He desperately wants to make everything better, but he can't.

Escaping the house one evening, Liam discovers an old stone gargoyle in a rundown church, and his life changes in impossible ways.

The gargoyle is alive. It moves unseen in the night, acting out Liam's stories. And stories can be dangerous things . . .

But Grandma's illness is getting worse, Liam's mum isn't coping, and his sister is skipping school.

What if the gargoyle is the only thing that can save Liam's family?
Amazon | B&N

14 comments:

  1. This looks like such an awesome, and sweet, story! I love gargoyles. However, I'm completely drawing a blank when it comes to questions. Hmm, I think I'll try to think of something and swing back by when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike! Great to meet you! Here's a question for you: What is your hidden talent? Something you're good at that most people wouldn't know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay the book and cover are AWESOME. question: what inspired you to write this particular story?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool premise! I guess my question would be, what advice would you give to aspiring authors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gargoyles! And what a great cover. My question is what's the most interesting fact about gargoyles you learned while researching for the book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I want to read this book. Will add to my TBR. Gargoyles have featured in two of my MS so far so I have a fondness for them - although they haven't always been particularly nice fellows!
    My question for Mike is, how long did it take you to write Stonebird? And because I'm sneaky like that, I was wondering if the dementia aspect was something you felt particular keen to highlight? I

    Thank you and hi, Leandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I got married (20+ yrs ago) I was given a book of love poems (for the times when I felt loving) and a gargoyle (for when I did not feel like loving) and ever since then have been fascinated by the gargoyle. I'm always curious about the story behind the story, so I want to know your personal connection with dementia and the gargoyle. Spill.

    Great cover and premise. I'm looking forward to getting this for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fascinating premise! I hit the GR button and put it on my "I Want to Read" list. There are a bunch of great reviews there! Wishing Mike much success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover and premise are top-notch. Mike, What's your favorite American TV show?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! I added it to my Goodreads list straight away. Best of luck on its success! I have just one question for Mike, the most important question of course. Who is your favourite Doctor? (Okay, so I'm a geek, what can I say?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds and looks great! Have you considered a sequel? Thanks, I'm off to check out your website!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stonebird sounds great! I will definitely pass this one along to my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, what a super timely plot. High on my TBR list as we're traveling this summer. Sounds like a great feel-good read on afternoons when shops close in Italy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!