Monday, July 20, 2015

Ready. Set. Write! (Week 7)


Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman,Erin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. Every Monday participants share how they're doing in reaching their goals for the summer. To see a full list of participants, go here.


1. How I did on last week's goals: I only got in 2, 481 words out of my goal of 4K. But I'm okay with that because... I finished my hard copy edits for my dystopian!!! Wa-hoo!!! That big book I've been flipping through for months, trying to decipher what I'd scrawled on the page, can now retire. 

(source)

2. My goals for this week: Write 4K. =) And get my dystopian formatted correctly and sent to cps. (yessssss)

3. A fav line from my story: 

"Darcy?" I whisper, the truth taking hold in me like a spiked weed. "Is he...?"

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week: Overcoming that big book of hard copy edits. It has been my personal nemesis, mocking me from the couch for months now. And my computer, when it didn't save 15 pages of changes. Ugh. 

5. Something I love about my WiP: This is going to be for my dystopian: That it will soon be in other people's hands, and I can take a break from it-- without feeling guilty. 

* * *

Now before you all go, I have two fun things to share! 

#1) There are several people that I've met online that I consider good friends, even though I've never met them face to face. And Beth Ellyn Summer is one of those people. She is so sweet and genuine and just a good egg all around. She recently got a book deal with Bloomsbury Spark, and her book, At First Blush, is up on Goodreads! If you're so inclined, please mark it to read here. I'll think you'll be forever awesome!!! (and you are.)

#2) And lastly, here's a graphic Mary Fan created for her forthcoming novella. Totally made me smile!

46 comments:

  1. Oooo your line is good! I felt that one. :)

    Keep going with your writing goals this week! I'll be rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score! Finishing edits is serious business so go you! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love passing the manuscript off to crit partners. It's so awesome. That graphic is hilarious, BTW. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so fun? And thanks, to you as well!

      Delete
  4. Yay! That's a huge goal achieved this week, congratulations!
    I had the same for number 5 this week, it's great to take a break without guilt :)
    Have a great week and good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing those edits! It is such a nice feeling to be done and get it in the hands of trusted readers. So glad you're there! And I love the line you shared! Makes me want to read MORE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice feeling. =) And yay, thanks!

      Delete
  6. Glad you tackled those monster edits!
    Now, are you tall enough to help Aurelia?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sense of accomplishment! I hate when they stare at you with their mockery.

    I love the shared pieces. I can sympathize from a short person perspective. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leandra I feel the same about you <3 I'm so so grateful we have met and become friends. When I first joined QT and started blogging I had no idea what to expect or what it entailed, and you were my first real comment and it meant so much to me! thank you so much for sharing my news and being such an awesome friend! *hugs* you're the best :) I am so thrilled to hear the hard copy edits are done on the dystopian! There's such freedom in getting it off and out of our hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing your good news has been a true highlight of this year! I'm just glad to help any way that I can. And I second that amen to freedom! =)

      Delete
  9. Yay for getting the edits done on the dystopian! That's such a good feeling. I hope you celebrated. Good luck with writing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Minions gif -- I could watch it all day. You did great work this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went and saw the Minions movie last weekend w/the kidlet. It was his first time going, and he did great!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on tackling the copy edits! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoop whoop! Great job on finishing those edits and I love the line you shared! Cheering you on for this week (and thanks for sharing the blurb of At First Blush --> I just added it to my Goodreads shelf :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting your edits done! I feel like I'll be in the editing trenches forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get out of them eventually! Though I totally know that feeling...

      Delete
  14. That's a great line, Leandra, and congrats on doing the revisions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for finishing up edits!! Loved the line you shared--brought up all sorts of intriguing questions ;). The blurb for At First Blush sounds amazing! Added it to my Goodreads shelf! Congrats to your friend (and what a great friend you are for sharing the love :)).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to your friend! That book sounds like so much fun. And I love your line, super intriguing! I'm glad you get to finally send off your MS--that's such a satisfying feeling. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on finishing those edits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Leandra for posting those bonus pieces. Lots of giggles at the second one.

    And WOOT hooray for finishing your dystopian. You've been working on that for a while. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on finishing edits! Personally, I love edits way more than first drafts. I wish somebody would write new words while I slept so I could edit them in the morning! But I know not everybody feels the same way.

    Meanwhile, new words is my current task, and I am failing miserably at it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm with you. First drafts reek. =) And you can do it, Dianne!

      Delete
  20. Congrats on your awesomeness this week!! That's great that you've finished this round :) And I totally love that graphic--so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the writing and the edits! I love the gif you posted! Keep up the awesome work, lady! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a major feat and celebration worthy. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yippee!! That gif. LOL. How perfectly appropriate! Congrats on finishing your hard copy edits. That is a great milestone. Sending you love and more positive vibes. Keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been working hard, Leandra! Congrats on finishing your hard copy edits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good job finishing your edits!!! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a hard copy known as the Monsterscript....someday, I'll be done with that one....you've inspired me! =D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!