Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Monstrous Celebration for MIND YOUR MONSTERS

Author Catherine Bailey has answered some questions of the scaly and furry sort for us today. Read on to be thoroughly entertained! 

1. Is the Loch Ness monster real?

Yes. In fact he wrote me once but it was hard to read his handwriting because he has such big, thick fingers. Plus the paper was all wet. But I wrote him back anyway and we became pen pals. I think Nessy was upset that nobody believed in him, so I sent him a nice drawing of me riding him.


2. If the Cookie Monster ever got tired of cookies, what dessert do you think he'd fixate on next?

If the Cookie Monster was anything like me, and I assume he is, he would move on to doughnuts. Doughnuts are the world’s most perfect food because you can eat them with your hands and they have icing on them.


3. Did you think there were monsters under your bed (or in your closet?) as a child?

Yes, and it made me quite afraid of the dark. But then I realized that if there were monsters in my room, they were probably as scared of me as I was of them. Then I felt sorry for them, and would sing songs like “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Cyclops” to calm them down.


4. What monster do you think is most underappreciated?

Well Nessy sure complains a lot, but I think the most overlooked monster is probably the ghost. I mean, everyone thinks he is so cute – floating around in his little twirly sheet, with his big dark eyes. But seriously, he doesn’t have feet! That’s just plain scary to me.


5. Would a monster with tentacles or a monster with claws win a monster throw down?

Excellent, excellent question. Scientists have been trying to answer this one for years. The answer depends on how many tentacles versus how many claws.


6. What is your favorite monster from Mind Your Monsters?

I’d have to say… the mutant octopus, because he is big and pink and the very first one to listen to Wally, my main character, when he says the magic word. Though the little purple guys come in a close second.


* * * 


Vampires and werewolves and zombies—oh my! It's a monster invasion, and the stinky-smelling creatures are destroying Wally's peaceful little town. They scare the kids, knock over the lampposts, and make a mess of everything. And no one can stop them—until, fed up, Wally says . . . the magic word, "PLEASE." Learning good manners has never been as monstrously fun!


Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

Catherine Bailey is a former attorney and current children’s author from sunny Florida. Her first picture book, MIND YOUR MONSTERS, will debut from Sterling Publishing in 2015. Her second, HYPNOSIS HARRY, will be published by Sky Pony in 2016. When Catherine is not writing, or editing, or swatting at mosquitoes, she looks after her husband and two children. Her hobbies include reading, 80’s movies, travel, and TJ Maxx. (But mostly reading).

                              Facebook | Website



To celebrate such a cute picture book, I made monster cupcakes....*raaarrwrrr*





 Then I turned my back for just a second and... gone. All of them! Rotten monsters.



They were on top of the fridge... 



On my kitchen shelves...



Hanging out with my mugs...



They were some troublesome monsters! 


And in case you were wondering, monsters do have toxic green ooze inside them. 

17 comments:

  1. Funny answers! So are the pictures of the cupcakes all over the house.
    Congratulations on the book, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks adorable! I'll keep an eye open for it since I'm sure my kiddo would love it. Also, love your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute book! And you are so clever, Leandra. Those mischievous cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun book! And I love your rotten monsters too. I can't wait until you hold a book launch party for your first novel. And to think you can work and mother and bake and blog and write 5K words in a week!!! Brava!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vijaya! Sometimes I feel like I'm just stuck in quicksand, going nowhere fast, but you just helped to remind me that I am moving forward. Needed that! =)

      Delete
  5. That book absolutely hilarious! How fun! And those pesky monster cupcakes.. how adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute! Love the concept! And those cupcakes are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys would love that book, and those cupcakes. Cute kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm slowly trying to update it, and the shelves were a recent addition. My next thing is to make a clothespin wreath to put on the wall closest to the washer and dryer.

      Delete
  8. Great interview! The book looks really cute. Congrats to Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes - did the monster cakes eat each other - or are they on the lose looking for other kinds of snacks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! No...WE ate them. It's what you get for being naughty. ;)

      Delete
  10. Nessy has big, thick fingers... Love!!! This was a fantastic interview. Best of luck to Catherine. Cute cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay, cutest cupcakes EVER. And this sounds so adorable I can't. And I rarely "can't!" although I must disagree about doughnuts ;) cookies are where it's at haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cupcakes are EPIC, and what an adorable book. LOVE the interview. Had me chuckling for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Catherine! The book sounds adorable. And Crystal is right - those cupcakes are FABULOUS. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, those monster cupcakes are amazing! I may have to do something like that for Halloween. congrats to Catherine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!