Monday, August 17, 2015

Ready. Set. Write! (Week 11)


Ready.Set.Write! is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman,Erin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. Every Monday participants share how they're doing in reaching their goals for the summer. To see a full list of participants, go here.


1. How I did on last week's goals: I hit 5K again (5026). Did not think it was going to happen, but it did!

2. My goals for this week: To finish Necromancy in New Orleans. I so badly want to be able to say: Done! So no word goals, just the 'the End'.

3. A fav line from my story: 

Alden isn’t at dinner, just like he wasn’t last night. He must be preparing for the spell, and the murder of six people.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week: Just the same stuff, trying to fit in words around work and house and kid. Never ending!

5. Something I love about my WiP: That it's all about ready to go down in Jackson Square! 


And ooh, while I was loading this pic (one from our vacation) I decided I should totally have the spider sub-human crawl up on this statue at some point. Wouldn't that be creepy?!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... That line you shared raises so many questions. And goose bumps. So good, Leandra! Awesome job on your word count goals this week, and that photograph is fantastic. Have a great week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ma'am!! Having you say that is so good. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the title. Love the line you shared. Can't wait to get my hands on this too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And me too, I'll need some help whipping this baby into shape for sure!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love that excerpt! Good luck reaching The End this week. Sending you lots of good writing vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Score! Whoohoo you sound super close and I’m sure you’ll be typing those wonderful words very soon  You got this!

    See look more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say yes to crawling up on that statue. Sounds very vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your line says so much with so few words. Great job and love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, creeptastic!! And I'm with you, I just want to write THE END already and it still feels so far! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome line! Best of luck finishing your WIP - you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that line! Good luck with finishing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on hitting 5K! And love that line from your story! Good luck reaching THE END! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That line is fantastic! Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the same exact biggest challenge! That's awesome that you're upping the word count. Good luck finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a creepily awesome line! And definitely spidery things crawling around is always freaky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That WOULD BE creepy. Congrats on the 5K!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!