Monday, September 7, 2015

Book Anticipation & Appreciation

Some of you may remember I like horses. I did a post on Black Beauty here, and mentioned the Triple Crown on a post at some point (so excited we finally got a Crownee this year, after 37 years!) 

Anyhoo, in my list of favorite books, The Scorpio Races is on there. It's by Maggie Stiefvater, and features water horses that come in from the sea and want to eat you. It's. Fabulous. Seriously, if you haven't read it yet, go do it! 

As I was perusing my blog feed the other day, I came across a blog post on Mundie Moms, about this book:

Goodreads

Ack. *Dies* Just falls over and dies. Like my fav The Scorpio Races, it's a book about HORSE RACING (I have been trying to come up w/an idea for a horse racing book for awhile. The last brainstorming attempt combined velociraptors and horses in a dual race. I kid you not. I can't decide if it's genius or utter crap. Leaning toward utter crap...)

So to read about this book, with MECHANICAL HORSES and a girl jockey-- needless to say, I'm eXcItEd!! It comes out in February, and I'm going to tell my husband I want a late Valentine's Day gift of a book about robot horses (I'm sure I'll get an eye roll in return). Now I only have to wait 5 more months...sigh.

As for book appreciation, we picked up Max and the Won't Go to Bed Show at the library last week. 


It's SO cute. Reading this out loud is so much fun, as the narration is done as if you are an announcer.
 

I love coming across gems like this. I put a review up for it on Amazon in support of my warm fuzzies for it (and for getting to read it for free, yay, libraries!), but I just might have to shell out some $$ to buy this this book and add to our own collection. 

What about you all? Any books you're anticipating or appreciating lately? 

18 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Scorpio Races yet, but our book club picked it for later in the year and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, ooh! You guys have got to make the November Cakes recipe that go w/the book. I have it if you need it! =)

      Delete
  2. You found a book with all of your favorite elements!
    Have you seen the movie Hidalgo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Several times, so good. Still tear up in it too. =)

      Delete
  3. Both of these sound great! I adored The Scorpio Races (gah, to write like that....) so Titans looks fascinating :) And that's total genius to do an announcer voice in a book--makes me want to read it to some kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun book to read. I feel like an announcer in a boxing match, lol!

      Delete
  4. It is always such a gift to find a book of your heart. I've been reading a lot of good books lately and been meaning to shine the spotlight on some of them. One is a little book of essays by Fr. Barron: Seeds of the Word. A lot of the material is from his videos on contemporary movies and culture so I wasn't unfamiliar with it, but to have much of this in a book volume is a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm anticipating a release of my own this month. Other than that I'm really excited about the books I acquired for Seek. They're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That kind of anticipation must be amazing!

      Delete
  6. The Scorpio Races is my most favorite YA book ever. I can't wait to read the final Raven Boys book, which is out in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have great taste, don't we?! ;) And yup, same here.

      Delete
  7. I'm writing a novel which involves horses - lots of them, both ridden and pulling carriages for weddings. Unfortunately there's a lot more anticipation than writing going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat! I always love to read about horses. And I'm completely where you're at right now. I've written maybe a couple hundred words in the past two weeks. *ugh*

      Delete
  8. SO cute...I love fun, creative and inventive PBs! right now I'm anticipating a bunch of books that are already out but I've yet to read (Huntley Fitzpatrick's new one particularly!) and is it totally bad to say my own book?? I'm dying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad!! I'm anticipating it too! You can't imagine how often I'm imagine the party in my head. I wish it was next week! =)

      Delete
  9. I have been indulging in the Rangers Apprentice series. Took a break to read a non-fiction book, but jumping back in with Book 5. Maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my younger brother read some of those. They have neat covers!

      Delete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!