Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chattin'

Hey all! I feel it's been awhile since I just dithered about things here, so that's the kind of post I'm going with today.

On the writing front, it's been slow. I've barely written anything in the past month,which for me is not normal. It all has to do with life stress and I feel super guilty about it. I have done a lot of thinking on my WiP, so that's good, being I've worked out quite a few plot issues. But still...I need to do the whole BICHOK* thing asap. 

Then there's the near-future thriller that I've got hanging around begging to be revised. I have critique partner notes all ready to go, but no motivation. I know it's just one of those phases that I'll eventually work my way through. Until then...(shrugs and goes and reads another Regency romance).

I have been creative in other areas, as I decided to make my own cupcake stands. I scoured the junk shops in my area and came up w/lots of white (well, white-ish) plates. Then I went to the Dollar Store and bought candle stick holders. Here's what they look like, they just need to be glued down. Most of the DIY blogs recommended E6000 superglue, and I've yet to meander out and buy it. 


Setting the stage for the picture. Nothing says party like fun straws, in my opinion.


Up close of my favorite one.

I think they'll look nice at either end of a table, one with savory food stuffs on it, and the other sweet. Cupcakes, of course! I also bought lots of little jelly jars. I had two at home and bought eight more. 


I'd like to use them for dessert shooters. I can imagine all kinds of combos of cream cheese layers, graham cracker crumbs, and whatever fruit filling you're feeling at the moment. 

Ugh, I'm so making myself hungry right now. 

*If you don't know what BICHOK stands for, just ask in the comments! ;)

27 comments:

  1. You're so creative! And now I'm craving cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever girl! Buying the real ones would be really expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally are. I did my two for around $8 bucks!

      Delete
  3. Oh those are cute! And hang in there with the writing slump. Sometimes I think taking a little break can be good. It gives the muse a little rest to come back full force! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found this to be true too. And that's what I'm hoping!

      Delete
  4. It looks like your place is the place it's at! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very crafty! I'd probably try hot glue. I love hot glue. Until I burn my fingers.

    I was feeling the no-writing slump myself. Sometimes, life just gets too busy and fries the brain wires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have contemplated borrowing my sil's hot glue gun. Frankly I'm terrified I'll glue my fingers to the plates w/superglue, lol!

      Delete
  6. ok Ive NEVER heard of BICHOK but I'm going to guess "butt in chair hands on keyboard???" working out word puzzles and acronyms is a sick addiction for me (and you know my deep rooted obsessed with Wheel of Fortune lol) and that is AWESOME!! and super smart, cake plates are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too good! That's totally what it means. I was so puzzled the first time I saw it. Was all like 'Whaa...' ;) And you know what those cake plates are going to be used for right? Your book launch par-tay at my house!!

      Delete
    2. I just squealed out loud!! <3 *hugs*

      Delete
  7. You have been fueling your creativity in other ways, Leandra. All our creative pieces need exercise! And "thinking about" a WIP is very important--you are "percolating," or as I heard agent Marietta Zacker say at a conference years ago, taking time to, "stir, stir, stir."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great point! Stirring is essential to producing books. =)

      Delete
  8. Those are cute! You are far more creative than I am.Then again, I don't have the skill for baking like you do. :) I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of cupcakes on the cupcake holders you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And one day, I'm sure you shall. (see pics) =)

      Delete
  9. I love it! You're so creative. I never in a million years would have thought to do this. I think when life gets too hectic, we just have decompress by doing something for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever! Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!! Mmmmm. And I'm with you on the writing slump. I've been writing a lot in my head (which is actually more productive than one might think), but actually getting it written down just hasn't been happening lately. I'll get back to it soon though. I've got the itch for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it really is! So while I've not been writing, I have been head writing. Haha! ;)

      Delete
  11. What a neat idea! Your cupcake stands turned out great (good luck with gluing) and the jelly jars will be handy, too. Don't beat yourself up about writing, you did a ton of it this summer (compared to me) and I'm sure you'll get back into it soon, I always seem to eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's inspiring. As a dessert lover, I want those. Also, it took me a minute to realize what this meant: BICHOK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A season for everything! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those cakes stands - I'm stealing that idea!

    I didn't realise what BICHOK meant until I saw Beth's explanation. Yep, that's something we need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stands are SO cute!! Super adorable, and also make me want a cupcake :) And I might have to steal the whole BICHOK thing--soooooo what I need right about now. I haven't been able to focus on a dang thing in ages and I have projects to finish....and....nothing. Maybe it's time to get to a cafe this weekend and sit my butt down!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy. Super cute ideas. And don't beat yourself up too much, we all need a break sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!