Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Two DIY Blogs to Check Out

Besides following writing sites, I follow a handful of diy/home blogs as well. Not a lot, b/c I don't want to be flooded w/tons of stuff that I wish I could do, but know I don't have the time or resources for. But there are two that I really love, The Shabby Creek Cottage & Like a Saturday

Both have great breakdowns on their projects and home decorating, so you can scroll through and easily click on what interests you. On The Shabby Creek Cottage, there's even a page for free printables, and there are so many super cute ones on there (she even has Harry Potter ones!). I like these kitchen printables especially, and think they'd look cute clipped to my fridge. I, uh, might be running out of wall space...

(source)

Like a Saturday has a project that I'm definitely going to get around to someday. I have this exact stool sitting next to the kidlet's bed. Just not yellow, or made into a table...yet!

And how pretty are these colors together?!
(source)

You can find her super easy tutorial on how to make it here. I'm always needing more surfaces to put the kidlet's toys on, and all I need for this project is paint and rope. I can always borrow my sil's glue gun. =) 

I hope you'll check these sites out and maybe find something useful on them. Happy Tuesday!


23 comments:

  1. I checked it out. That bar stool turned end table is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? So simple, but a great use of space that otherwise just sits there.

      Delete
  2. I'd pass those on to my wife but I'm afraid she'd wind up redoing everything in our house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had that creative diy bone in my body, but alas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have different kinds of neat bones tho, right? =D

      Delete
  4. Oooh what a great idea for the barstool. I have none, but certainly something to do with the chairs ... LOL -- we have way too many papers EVERYWHERE and it would be nice to slip them under the chair :)

    Thanks Leandra!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you could totally do it with a chair too, I'd think. Long as it has bars along the bottom of the chair legs. Thinking innovatively there, Vijaya! ;)

      Delete
  5. Ooh...I love that stuff! Thank you for sharing, so I can add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Cute. I may need those sites here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to have a go-to diy site on hand! ;)

      Delete
  7. I kid myself I can do craft stuff - which proves what a good imagination I have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those chalkboard printables. I won't do these things, but maybe my husband would...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the chalkboard stuff, love it! Tell Bob to get on it. ;)

      Delete
  9. I love that bright yellow side table--very cute--and useful too, with the new storage shelves added!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! So nice to have things that are multi-purpose. Especially when you have a small house!

      Delete
    2. It is! So nice to have things that are multi-purpose. Especially when you have a small house!

      Delete
  10. I love finding fun DIY sites, especially with free printables! That stool is so cute! Can't wait to see what yours looks like when you're finished. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!