Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Latest DIY


This is a plain denim banner that I bought at Wal-Mart. I then used white craft paint and as you can see, spelled out h-e-l-l-o. I have a grapevine wreath that I'll be hanging on my back porch as part of the summer makeover I plan on staging. It's a pretty good-sized wreath and I didn't want to deal w/buying ribbons and flowers and all that jazz, so I'm going the sweet and simple route. Banner it up and call it done! So that's one thing down on my list, only ninety-nine more to go... 

Another thing I absolutely have to have on my made-over back porch are lights. In my house, I have white lights in the kitchen (on a fake tree next to the fridge), and in my office (over my inspiration board). I just love white lights! I have my eye on these Thomas Edison lights from Hobby Lobby. Now, to snag them when they're 50% off!

29 comments:

  1. Hey, you're good with the craft paint! I can't wait to see your porch this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to get to dig in, can't wait 'til it's warm!

      Delete
  2. I love having little sparkly lights around too. Great banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was a difference in bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're like the vintage look, so they're named after Edison. Which is so cool!

      Delete
  4. Very cool! I like the Edison bulbs too. I used an LED one in the lamp I made. We might have different tastes, but I do enjoy the look of your office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome lamp! Steampunk stuff is so neat. And super impressed you made it- totally beyond my skillz. ;)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, Leandra! I like words as art/decor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Leandra! I like words as art/decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the banner! I have Edison bulbs in my kitchen -- they're a really great look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! You must have the cutest house ever. I love all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, looking at it from where I'm sitting, it's the biggest disaster ever! #Sathousecleaning #ugh ;)

      Delete
  9. cool banner. i really like those edison lights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Looks like a fun way to boost your creativity and be productive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this--makes everything feel festive and bright, no matter the time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's pretty.
    Creative people are normally artistic in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! Your banner looks great. I've been thinking of getting some sparkly lights for my porch, so I'm happy to learn about Edison white lights. I'll have to check out the Hobby Lobby offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You're so crafty. I'm not good at anything like that, unfortunately. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Of course a writer should have letters on their wreathe instead of flowers or bows. Those bulbs are gorgeous! Your porch is going to be very inspiring and lovely, I'm sure. I hope you'll share pics when its finished. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!