Today I'm participating in a blogfest, created by the lovely, Sarah Foster!
1. Who did you bring to the party? Is he/she your Valentine or anti-Valentine?
I brought my newest character, Muriel. She's my friend-date, b/c my husband would never go to a Valentine's day party. So we are standing in the corner, looking awkward. I don't know Muriel all that well yet, but she has vague notions that I'm going to be putting her through the wringer during our acquaintance. Kind of kills the small talk, don't you know.
2. Which one of you is the more romantic person? I can't really speak for Muriel, but I'd say I'm not super romantic. Give me a nice card with something handwritten in it, and I'll be perfectly happy.
3. What gift are you giving to your (anti) Valentine? Nothing! I'm not in the habit of giving VDay gifts, except to my child (he got a chocolate frog). I'm getting a slight smile from Muriel, not sure if this is in agreement or not. She's from England, and honestly, not sure what they think of the holiday. *makes mental note for research*
4. Are you guys wearing red or pink (or black...)? I'm in pink, Muriel's in a type of glittery, silver dress. Think something from the Great Gatsby.
5. Did you bring any Valentine's Day treats? White choc. dipped strawberries. Muriel brought a lovely bottle of wine, of which I can't pronounce. *whispers so she can't hear: It looks expensive. Her family is from money.*
6. Name a song for our Love Playlist or Anti-Love Playlist (or both)! Uh...I can't ever remember song names. And Muriel has gone to visit the loo, so sorry.
7. Got a great anti/Valentine party game? Besides making fun of the messages on Conversation candy hearts? Not really! ;)
8. Feeling the love or just feeling nauseous? How will you have fun at the party? Yes! We both like grazing on sweet treats and watching the games. Except the later it gets, the more I'll be thinking about who will be putting the kidlet to bed. #parenting
9. Has your muse been a good Valentine? Yes, Muriel has been lovely. We sat out the Valentine games and gradually warmed up to each other (the wine might have helped...). I think she's missed conversation lately, as in her village, she's kind of an outcast.
*Jordan's Bonus Question (feel free to ignore him...): Did you bring me & Sarah a musiversary gift? (Because we've put up with each other for five years and I think we deserve something.)
I bought Sarah a lovely buttercream icing candle, b/c she's also a fellow cupcake lover. Jordan, you get this shirt: