Monday, February 15, 2016

The Muse Party Blogfest


Today I'm participating in a blogfest, created by the lovely, Sarah Foster!


1. Who did you bring to the party? Is he/she your Valentine or anti-Valentine?
I brought my newest character, Muriel. She's my friend-date, b/c my husband would never go to a Valentine's day party. So we are standing in the corner, looking awkward. I don't know Muriel all that well yet, but she has vague notions that I'm going to be putting her through the wringer during our acquaintance. Kind of kills the small talk, don't you know.

2. Which one of you is the more romantic person? I can't really speak for Muriel, but I'd say I'm not super romantic. Give me a nice card with something handwritten in it, and I'll be perfectly happy.

3. What gift are you giving to your (anti) Valentine? Nothing! I'm not in the habit of giving VDay gifts, except to my child (he got a chocolate frog). I'm getting a slight smile from Muriel, not sure if this is in agreement or not. She's from England, and honestly, not sure what they think of the holiday. *makes mental note for research*

4. Are you guys wearing red or pink (or black...)? I'm in pink, Muriel's in a type of glittery, silver dress. Think something from the Great Gatsby.

5. Did you bring any Valentine's Day treats? White choc. dipped strawberries. Muriel brought a lovely bottle of wine, of which I can't pronounce. *whispers so she can't hear: It looks expensive. Her family is from money.*

6. Name a song for our Love Playlist or Anti-Love Playlist (or both)! Uh...I can't ever remember song names. And Muriel has gone to visit the loo, so sorry.

7. Got a great anti/Valentine party game? Besides making fun of the messages on Conversation candy hearts? Not really! ;)

8. Feeling the love or just feeling nauseous? How will you have fun at the party? Yes! We both like grazing on sweet treats and watching the games. Except the later it gets, the more I'll be thinking about who will be putting the kidlet to bed. #parenting

9. Has your muse been a good Valentine? Yes, Muriel has been lovely. We sat out the Valentine games and gradually warmed up to each other (the wine might have helped...). I think she's missed conversation lately, as in her village, she's kind of an outcast.


*Jordan's Bonus Question (feel free to ignore him...): Did you bring me & Sarah a musiversary gift? (Because we've put up with each other for five years and I think we deserve something.)

I bought Sarah a lovely buttercream icing candle, b/c she's also a fellow cupcake lover. Jordan, you get this shirt:


35 comments:

  1. LOL! Awesome presents! I'm sure Jordan thinks most questions are stupid.
    Thanks for coming to my party! I hope you and Muriel got to know each other a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, your muse and mine like same kind of Valentine treats chocolate covered strawberries and wine, great post. Enjoyed meeting your character.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that t-shirt. I have a feeling Jordan will love it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry...I'm standing in that corner with you, watching my muse flutter around having a blast. lol

    Muriel and Ena (my muse) may be wearing the same dress. Uh-oh...who wore it better? ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I love those features in the magazines!

      Delete
  5. I wanted to join in, but my muse was being stubbornly silent. I never thought to bring my main character! You're a genius. Some days my brain cells just don't fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, other than whoever I'm currently 'working' with at the time, I don't have really have muses. So Muriel was it!

      Delete
  6. I want that shirt too! I enjoyed meeting Muriel, I hope you manage to get to know her better soon :). I'm from England, too! Me and Muriel can just stand in a corner and talk about the weather/tea ;). Oh, also, the English love Valentine's Day just as much as everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview. Makes me want to have a Valentine's party and make you come. I only bought my kids valentines too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could let the kids crash out on a sugar rush and then sit & watch rom coms in the blessed quiet. ;)

      Delete
  8. Bringing a new character to a party sounds like a great way to get to know them! Sounds like you've got a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dipped strawberries and wine!
    I'm in!

    Great post!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, hilarious! Seriously. I love those anti-Valentine convo candies they make. One year I'll get some and pass them around for fun. Happy late anti-valentines day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait...they have anti-ones? I didn't know that! Lol, thx!

      Delete
  11. Feeling sorry about the outcasat-ness, my muse cuts in for a bit to chat with Muriel. And, just maybe, to appreciate that flattering dress of hers. For shame--he's a married man.

    He glances at me with a slightly condescending smile. "I know that. I'm not ogling. I'm can be observant of beauty without being crass. And it is a lovely look on you, Muriel."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muriel's cheeks are on fire, but she manages a gracious thank you. ;)

      Delete
  12. Great idea to bring along your character! Sounds like you guys got to know each other better by the end of the night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was fun! I liked getting to know both you and Muriel a bit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! That shirt was an awesome way to end the party. Don't you love that experience--getting to know a new protagonist? I'm looking forward to that one soon. I've been so bowled under by the same characters in a series that I almost forgot what that shy, hesitant experience is like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this blog hop...I have a feeling you end up learning more about your characters. Maybe we all should do this as a writing exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I never thought much about Valentine's day in other countries. I wonder WHAT England does. Hm. Chocolate dipped strawberries are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was delightful to read. Muriel sounds like she will be quite a handful! Sorry I am late dropping by. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!