Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Instagram (Maybe One Day...)

I love looking at Instagram accounts. Right now, my social media platforms are Blogger, Twitter, & Goodreads. I'd like to add Instagram one day but...I don't have a smartphone. And as of right now, I'm content w/my out-of-date phone, 'cuz it's cheap. If I ever have a book published, then I'll consider shelling out of the moolah to become part of the 21st century. 

But not having Instagram doesn't keep me from stalking some of my fav accounts. Here are a few that I visit often:

misswendyd of The Midnight Garden (a great YA book review site): She posts the prettiest staged pics of books and objects. Plus, the food!! She eats some of the yummiest-looking treats, some that look too perfect to be real. Perhaps this is a L.A. thing, as ice cream in IN just does not look like that, lol! 


therippedbodice: I found this account on Wendy Darling's feed, a romance only bookshop ran by two sisters. (kudos on such a clever name!) I've loved scrolling thru and seeing the transformation of the shop from empty bookshelves to complete. They have heart-shaped lights over the counter!! 


tulipinadesign: The. most. gorgeous. flowers. ever. Want to feel like you've fallen into spring and it's eaten you right up? Visit! Trust me, you'll get your color fix for the day. 


houselarsbuilt: Such neat pics of party decor, crafts, and style. I'd love to try out some of her ideas, super awesome. 


(tulipinadesign and houelarsbuilt were recommended by The Nester, which is a fabulous home blog worth checking out)


therealsjmass: Not gonna lie, I have such an author crush on this lady. She seems like one of those ppl who's just awesome to know. Plus, her tropical vacation pics have been so nice to look at while enduring our early spring nippy days. 


authorvictoriascott: I love how this author account has a nice mix of book/author life/real life images. Like the pic of her latest book launch party (fyi, book launch pics are like crack to me) and the pics of her adorable little girl. Sooo cute! 


mizgillianberry: This girl lives literary! Like her bed, w/book-themed pillows. Love!! She also does amazing book art @ The Art of Young Adult


* * *

So there's some of my fav procrastination places on the web. ;) Enjoy! 

17 comments:

  1. I like Instagram. Probably more than my other social profiles. Thanks for the recommendations! And I totally don't blame you for not wanting a smart phone yet. I held off for a super long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super visual, so that's probably why I like it so much. And glad to know there were other resisters! ;)

      Delete
  2. Not on Instagram as it would be just one more site I couldn't keep up with.
    You'll want a smart phone eventually. I was a cell phone holdout for years - and then I finally caved and got an iPhone. Coolest device ever. (Behind the iPad of course.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want one eventually- thinking of doing Straight Talk, as it seems relatively cheap. We'll see...

      Delete
  3. I literally just joined Instagram (mostly for the cool filters) about a week ago and I'm taking it super slow. I've put up 3 pictures so far and my cat is in all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check you out! And cats are great. =)

      Delete
  4. Goodness. There are so many places to be...I think my head is swimming. Lately, words have been escaping me for snappy updates (it used to be easy until it was called a platform), so maybe pictures would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Instagram, though I don't look at pictures of books very often. :) I keep thinking I'd like to join in on the #instabook hashtag, but I don't pick up physical books often enough. All of my pictures relate to my life rather than my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found some awesome people to follow--thanks for the recommendations :) Instagram is by far and away my favorite social media site. Lots of great things to look at, and I have always loved photography, so it's fun that way especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part of me wants too take part in Instagram, but I haven't gotten round to it yet. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Instagram and that it posts to my other accounts for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an Instagram, but I forget to check it because it's only on my phone. I'm on my computer most of the day--and I just don't think to check social media on my phone unless I'm bored and away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started on Instagram and I'm surprised how much I love it. I'm going to check out these accounts you shared - thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Instagram. I'll check out these links.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah, i'm not on instagram either. i've been considering branching out my social platform soon, was considering an author's facebook page. right now i'm on twitter and wordpress. i have a goodread's account which i access occasionally, but i haven't really reached out to that community. what is there to do on goodreads beside tracking what you've read?

    i've thought about instagram too, maybe one day. :) cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't think I can pull of anymore social media. I feel swamped with all I have! It sounds fun though, which means I'd better stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have a smartphone or Instagram, either. I'm lucky to keep up with FB, Wordpress, Goodreads & Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!