Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Recent Recommended Reads


So this book was touted as having an epic girl friendship in it. And it delivered! Safi and Iseult have a bond that means they'd go to hell and back for each other. The action was amazing, and the romance that's in this book is the kind that really comes off the page. The words Dennard chose were perfecto, and I want MOAR of this romance! Also loved the witcheries, it made this fantasy stand apart from many others. Looking forward to the sequel!



Magical realism at its finest. This book was just fabulous. The setting, the main character, Finn; they both just got under my skin. At times creepy, but always so lyrical. And there's a super neat twist when it comes to the end w/Finn, something I've never even heard of before, and was fascinated reading about it. There's also a brother bond in this book, and I always dig same-sex sibling relationships (because I never had a sister).


Goodreads

So you know that tiny little book, The Hunger Games? Titans is like The Hunger Games and horse racing got together and had a baby. And it is a gorgeous baby you just want to coo at. I am a horse lover and and intrigued w/the horse racing world (the gorgeous pure-bloods, the prestige, the odds, the hats...) and so this book just hit all the right notes. There's also a close friend relationship in this book that I loved getting to experience, plus a crotchety old man, so two more wins right there. Also, there is romance, but light, and it didn't come from the direction you'd expect (which I appreciated). 

16 comments:

  1. I love girlfriends! We ladies need to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, what great reading you're recommending will have to add a few of these, OK all of these, to my Kindle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been looking forward to Truthwitch for years... and it exceeded my expectations! I loved it and my husband is reading and loving it as well (and he never reads!)

    A note from Lexi: tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu0mmmmnnnnnnnnnbbbvv vvvvvvvvrrrrjjjjxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I wish my husband would read some of my recs. =) And Lexi is very eloquent, lol! ;)

      Delete
  4. I've been dying to read Truthwitch -- got a lot of pre-pub buzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! I was worried it wouldn't live up to it (for me), but it totally did. And made the NYT's list, woot!

      Delete
  5. Ooo! I haven't read any of these yet! Truthwitch keeps popping up as a rec for me too, and I'm super curious. The other two weren't on my radar yet but they sure are now! Thanks Leandra - you're always full of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recommendations! I've wanted to read Bone Gap for a while, now. Need more time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All sound interesting! And I hadn't heard of any of them, but I'm not very plugged in to what grown-ups read these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say that Titans definitely makes me curious... even though it's SO not something I would normally read. I'm glad you liked it, I've heard pretty much only good things about it. And I'm also liking that it's NOT a series :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!