Monday, April 11, 2016

The Kidlet's 4th Birthday Party

A few weekends ago we had the kidlet's 4th birthday party. It was supposed to be a Miles from Tomorrowland party, but my local Party City didn't carry Miles in party supplies. And then once I realized I'd need to order it from Amazon-- too late. And no, I didn't want to pay over the moon for shipping. ;) 

So I just did my own space theme, and the kidlet was perfectly happy. *cue construction paper and aluminum foil* But before I go, let me brag. Do you see that cake? That is the most perfect cake I have ever made. It had three layers! One layer was a brownie! And it was all covered in homemade cream cheese frosting! Pretty dang proud of myself.

Especially as, around twenty minutes until the birthday party was supposed to start, I was certain I was going to have to go buy a store-bought cake. The bottom layer (the brownie) was not cooperating. As in crumbling everywhere kind of cooperating. But thank god brownies are smooshable, as I managed to get it to the cake plate and MAKE it stay round, by golly!  









26 comments:

  1. That cake sounds amazing! Hope the kidlet had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty yummy. =) Thanks, he really did!

      Delete
  2. Well done! He looks happy with your efforts and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is he getting so big?! Wowza. What a cutie! You are such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! Time's the best fertilizer there is. ;)

      Delete
  4. It all looks awesome, especially the cake! I should try more themed birthday parties... I always feel like that's where my creativity fails me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fun w/the themes now, as I figure one day he'll just roll is eyes when I ask him what he wants to do for his bday. =)

      Delete
  5. Looks like he really liked it! HB to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Happy belated birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish your blog had taste-o-vision. Happy birthday to both our boys! My, how they have grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hard to believe it's been four years already.

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous looking party! Love the decor! Sounds like it was "out of this world". :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the space background and the cake looks delicious. Happy belated birthday to your kidlet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Four is a fantastic age! Happy Birthday!!! And you make the loveliest decorations and cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorating looks great! But now you have me curious... what were the other cake layers? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those decorations are SO cool! Much better because you made them. That makes them one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated birthday wishes to your kidlet--he's adorable and lucky to have such a caring mom. Your cake looks perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I missed this post. :( I love how your space decorations turned out! And wow, that cake looks yummy!! Good thing you were able to save it from disaster! Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!