Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tuesday Randomness

Roald Dahl cocktails! I am not a drinker, but I love this idea. They're so bright and fun, just like his books. Article found here


These cocktail colors actually remind me of my back porch make-over. I'm trying to incorporate lots of different colors and just go with the flow. Which, for me, is hard, b/c usually I'm all: Here's my color scheme of two colors-- now stick with it!! 

So yes, my back porch make-over is slowly coming along. I've bought petunias (Sugar Madness, Rose Madness, and Yellow Madness) and got them planted in my pots. I've lined one side of the porch and around our air conditioning unit with river stones, and bought two bags of small river pebbles for filler (it'll need more, but it's a start). 

In other diy news, I'm working on painting the frames I'm going to be hanging on the back fence. I took a pic to show you all: 


And then took a few more of my messy office. Normally when I share pics of my life, I make sure it's all looking super orderly. I'll shove the mess back until everything around that space appears neat and tidy. And while I love when my house is spic and span, it's not like that most of the time. So I'm sharing my clutter for some blog therapy today! 

Here we have more frames waiting to be painted, leftover kidlet bday party items, book piles, and...what is that, Beth Ellyn? Some At First Blush photo props...Possibly, possibly. ;) And look! Two years later, and still no handles on my desk. #fail


On the desk there's paint for the frames, thread for a sewing project I changed my mind on, and material for another sewing project I'm not going to do. Me and sewing = meh. Oh, and a nearly empty Mountain Dew I was drinking for low sugar probs. 


That's it for me on this random Tuesday. How about you all? Anyone got some summer projects they're beginning to wade into? Or have any fav Roald Dahl books above any others? And oh, yeah! The BFG movie trailer-- doesn't that look good?

17 comments:

  1. I like seeing messy desks - reminds me of my own! And I can't wait to see the finished back porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging the frames on the fence - that's a unique idea. You'll get a lot of comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the idea from Pinterest, hoping it'll look as good as those. =)

      Delete
  3. I would love spic and span too, but I've decided that only happens if you live alone or have total control of life...I want neither.

    Those frames are really cute painted. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending the cocktail article to my English teacher friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The BFG trailer DOES look good! My fav Dahl book is Danny, The Champion of the World. I love your frames-on-fence idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the part in the trailer where it hides beside a street lamp & blocks the light- so cool! =)

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see it all done. Sounds like a Better Homes and Gardens project -- my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I could have a Better Homes and Gardens makeover! Alas, I've still too many weeds. ;)

      Delete
  7. Your crafty projects always come out beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing frames on a fence--sounds very unique. My library is featuring Roald Dahl for our spring read, so I'll be sending your cocktails link to our programs director.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I'm thinking that when the kidlet is bigger and has read his book, that's a Roald Dahl bday party would be awesome. So many fun and wacky themes to go with. =)

      Delete
  8. AAAAAAAHHHHH I saw the photo before what you wrote and was like "THAT IS SO AFB" haha..YAY this makes me so happy!! <3 <3 and those frames are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, even got that rocker microphone in there. ;) I'm loving how crafty you can get w/aluminum foil, lol! And the big frame is my fav, which is why it got the honor of being painted Regency Blue, for my slight fangirl obsessions w/that era. =)

      Delete
  9. Those frames have me intrigued... I can't wait to see how you use them in your backyard. It sounds like you're going to have a great space when you're finished with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!