Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Updates

Sometimes when I don't have any author interviews or specific topics to post on, I just like to shoot the breeze with you all. Here's what's going on w/me lately:

1. No writing. And do I even need to waste time typing how frustrating that is? I mean and intend to write every morning when I get up, but then...I just don't get around to it. I'll know I'll get back in the groove before long, I always do. Sometimes I just have to wait myself out. (hurry up, self)

2. Bathroom renovations. Yuuugghaargh. It's been challenging, folks. A torn-apart bathroom, which equals the rest of the house being a mess. We also had no water in the kitchen for 3 days, as when we turned it on, water would drain out of the open pipes in the bathroom. Fun. The medicine cabinet we bought had a defect and had to be returned, the shower surround takes two weeks to come in, and my husband accidentally kicked a bucket of paint over...on the carpet. Did I mention this was fun? I did, right? So, so, sooooo, fun. But in the end, we will have a nice, new, and fresh bathroom. I can't wait!!!

3. I discovered our town's aquatic center. For some reason every summer I always forgot about it being there on the other side of town. But last week something jogged my memory, and me and the kidlet went for the first time. We loved it!! It's super kid friendly, w/lots of shallow areas, and the cutest 'house' that has a slide and all kinds of water works spraying from it. It closes for the season at the end of this month, so we're making it our mission to visit every Saturday until then. 

4. I just got edits. For my short story "Prina and the Pea", which will be published in the anthology, Circuits and Slippers, in September. I'm so excited for ppl to (hopefully) read this short story. I really enjoyed writing it, and there's a castle, and fancy dresses, and baked goods. It can't get any better than that! Well, except maybe if there were dragons... ;)

5. A new look. You should see one within the next month or so. I've loved my current blog design, and it's served me well for several years, but I'm ready for something new. 
 
Any updates you'd like to share w/me? Let's hear 'em!

21 comments:

  1. With everything else, I can see why the writing might not be coming like you'd like. It's fun to refresh the blog's look every so often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! After writing out all our reno struggles, I realized it's no wonder I'm not writing- too stressed!

      Delete
  2. Very little writing going on here. Well, except for grant writing. But that has to get done and it zaps all of my energy every day, so when I finally have a moment to write, I would rather read. At least I've gotten through some fun books lately! Good luck with the bathroom woes--that sounds, er, fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's awful how if you have no energy, then the will to write is just gone. Why must it take so much brain power!! =(

      Delete
    2. I wish I could just plug something into my brain that would let me write whatever I'm imagining. That would potentially look very creepy, but it would be super useful for when I'm feeling lazy!

      Delete
  3. Sorry the renovations have been a mess. Paint on carpet - that hurt just to read it.
    No writing here either. Some planning though.
    Can't wait to see your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it hurt so see too. Amazingly, I got most of it out w/a shop vac. I'm hoping when I rent a carpet cleaner, that will take care of the rest. Fingers crossed! Have fun planning!

      Delete
  4. I'll be looking forward to your new look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope everyone likes it. It'll definitely be more simple than this one.

      Delete
  5. Renovations ... so not my thing. No wonder you've not been able to write. Looking forward to the new look -- so much easier to do things online, no? Vijaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renovations are always challenging whether with the blog or the house. The writing will always come back we can't help ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer time is my lull period also. It's too nice out to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I always have to tell myself, don't be too hard on yourself. Renovations can easily take over all your energy with little time for much else. I'm doing a bedroom instead of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the bathroom renovations! I'm sure you will love the room when they are complete.

    We just renovated our laundry room, and I am thrilled with it! Only took 4 years. Yup, 4 years from the time my husband went wild with a sledgehammer and removed the inconvenient closet ... to finally done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog design is fun, but yeah, we have to do a remodel every so often. (Same with your bathroom!) We just joined the Y and I noticed they got rid of this big plastic frog that was at the indoor pool. Its tongue was a slide. When the guy was giving us a tour I said, "What happened to the frog?" and he answered, "The frog didn't make it." He wouldn't elaborate, which makes me wonder what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with the new blog design. I just updated the look of my blog and website too. They are lot of work but it feels so good to have them done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your reno is done soooooooon! Congrats on the short story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a busy summer. Renovations stink while they're going on, but hopefully, it will be worth it. Good luck in the edits and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, renovations. We have to redo the bathroom soon, but... we're just putting it off, when we should be jumping in and getting it over with!
    As for other plans, my son just finished summer band, and we're taking a vaca the last week before school, so we're planning to hit the beach as many days as possible between now and then, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We moved into our new place last year, and still have things to do inside (hang pics, organize closets, etc.) Summer is a good time to do them here (FL) since it's so hot outside. Good luck with all the remodeling - bathroom and blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. we're both in the no writing camp these last couple of weeks but I know we've got this! And it will all be worth it once that new bathroom is up and running! Which I hope by now it is or at least closer? lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!