Sometimes when I don't have any author interviews or specific topics to post on, I just like to shoot the breeze with you all. Here's what's going on w/me lately:
1. No writing. And do I even need to waste time typing how frustrating that is? I mean and intend to write every morning when I get up, but then...I just don't get around to it. I'll know I'll get back in the groove before long, I always do. Sometimes I just have to wait myself out. (hurry up, self)
2. Bathroom renovations. Yuuugghaargh. It's been challenging, folks. A torn-apart bathroom, which equals the rest of the house being a mess. We also had no water in the kitchen for 3 days, as when we turned it on, water would drain out of the open pipes in the bathroom. Fun. The medicine cabinet we bought had a defect and had to be returned, the shower surround takes two weeks to come in, and my husband accidentally kicked a bucket of paint over...on the carpet. Did I mention this was fun? I did, right? So, so, sooooo, fun. But in the end, we will have a nice, new, and fresh bathroom. I can't wait!!!
3. I discovered our town's aquatic center. For some reason every summer I always forgot about it being there on the other side of town. But last week something jogged my memory, and me and the kidlet went for the first time. We loved it!! It's super kid friendly, w/lots of shallow areas, and the cutest 'house' that has a slide and all kinds of water works spraying from it. It closes for the season at the end of this month, so we're making it our mission to visit every Saturday until then.
4. I just got edits. For my short story "Prina and the Pea", which will be published in the anthology, Circuits and Slippers, in September. I'm so excited for ppl to (hopefully) read this short story. I really enjoyed writing it, and there's a castle, and fancy dresses, and baked goods. It can't get any better than that! Well, except maybe if there were dragons... ;)
5. A new look. You should see one within the next month or so. I've loved my current blog design, and it's served me well for several years, but I'm ready for something new.
Any updates you'd like to share w/me? Let's hear 'em!