Thursday, September 29, 2016

CIRCUITS & SLIPPERS Release Day Celebration!!!

Today is the day, hurray!! 




Click here to visit my Pinterest page for Prina and the Pea.


And now...time for cupcakes!! 

These are strawberry cupcakes (box b/c sometimes easy is best) with vanilla buttercream frosting (homemade b/c it tastes so much better than store-bought!). And to keep with the theme of the fairy tale I retold, it made perfect sense to go with:


The Princess and the Pea Cupcakes









Do my fabric-wrapped books look like mattresses? ;)

______________________________________________________



A collection of retold fairy tales with a science fiction twist.

Rapunzel is a soldier, the last remaining member of the human race, locked in a zoological tower on an alien planet. Doctor Belle must remain in quarantine with a powerful politician who has contracted a beastly disease. Jack sells his arm for a chance up the Stalk, the space elevator he hopes will take him to his fortune.

These twenty stories will take you across the galaxy, exploring new technology alongside aliens and cyborgs, princes and evil stepmothers, and telling your favorite classic tales like you've never seen them before.

Goodreads | Amazon



And finally a huge thank you to the editor of Circuits & Slippers, Jaylee James!! Without J's vision and drive, this anthology would never have happened. I very much appreciate your hard work, and the opportunity to have Prina and the Pea included with so many amazing stories. Thank you!!! 

27 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look delicious, and the mattresses are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those real peas on the cupcakes? Or those sugar pearl things? Super cute either way! Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they are Sixlets. I got them on sale at the grocery store too, for like .78 cents a package! I've tried those pearl things, and ohmagosh, they about broke my teeth off. And thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! And I love the book mattresses and pea cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOVVEEEEE. HUGE congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know how much I love this story. And I can't wait to read the rest in the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear friend!! There are some really good ones in there, too.

      Delete
  5. Congrats!!!! That's so exciting and I really want one of those cupcakes. Why must you live so far away??? (And the books Totally look like mattresses!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would so share if we were closer. Could have a cupcake date, lol!

      Delete
    2. Ahhh! Someday we shall make this happen :) I'll bring sugar skulls and you can bring some of your super cute cupcakes!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh!!! This is super cute!!! I love your video and Pinterest page, and of course the cupcakes are ADORABLE!!! So excited for everyone to read your story—it's so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm so glad they turned out the way they did. I was sweating it for a bit there. Ran out of butter (the inlaws dropped a stick off), wasn't sure if my new icing gadget would work (it did finally, I think the prob was the icing was kinda thick)-- one day I will bake something and it will be a seamless process. ;)

      Delete
  7. I so want a cupcake!

    A must get book, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I got my copy this morning. I can't wait to read it and eat that cupcakes virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! Congratulations. I can't wait to read it. I'll eat a cupcake in celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cupcakes look amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS!! Very, very cool, and the cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulstions,very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!