Wednesday, November 2, 2016

IWSG: Let's Pretend, Shall We?


The IWSG is a community where writers can share their fears and insecurities about the writing life. To learn more, check out their website here.

So I'll admit I'm feeling a bit burnt out. I'm close to finishing my first draft, and while that should inspire me, all I can think about is all the work that's going to be needed to fix that bad baby. So you know what I'm going to do today? I'm going to show you some of my favorite pins that I've pinned to my secret Pinterest board for this story. Yes? Yes. (if you said no--go away!)

Please join me in pretending that the world I've crafted around these images is plot-hole free, is populated by fully-dimensional characters, and is polished to a blinding sheen. 


My main character's home.



There are a lot of fancy parties in this book.



Oh, and this otter. He's a cheeky little thing. 



Mustard yellow and messy hair.



There are hot air balloons at night, which I feel is pretty magical.



Muriel and Chessie, whom the story revolves around.



I really love this guy (let's not talk about what happens to him...).



Light As Clouds Meringue Drops, a treat from The Miner's Sweet Tooth.



And lastly, our setting, the glorious Lake District in the UK. 

________________________________________________________


Now, on to the question for November: What is your favorite aspect of being a writer?

That would be the joy I get out of the fictional worlds in my head. Not the actual writing (ack, so hard!), but the time that I spend just thinking about my characters, and their problems, and solutions to those problems, and handsome men, and the villains, and the dialogue (that comes so easily & witty in my head, of course), and handsome men. Wait...did I mention that one already? ;) 

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such lovely images! I particularly loved the hot air balloons at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leandra, thanks for sharing these lovely pictures. I'm falling in love with your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those images were great. Hot air balloons at night is very magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to visit that house in the first image. So beautiful. Thanks for the sneak peak into your book's world. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big, old houses covered in ivy are like catnip to me, heh. And thanks!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I do love the pictures!! Now, I'm inclined to make myself some boards. That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boards really help me, especially on those days where I'm just not feeling inspired. Taking a gander at them can help the spark. =)

      Delete
  6. Awesome photos. If they are about your story, I really want to know how the otter fits in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's Chessie's pet (the blond girl)! =) Except he's not an actual mammal, he's mechanical. But mechanical otter pics are few and far between, lol!

      Delete
  7. You are just the cutest, do you know that? :)

    I absolutely loved your pictures! I seriously can't wait to read this story!!!! Hurry up and finish it already! Lol. It sounds so unique and magical. And wow, the setting is gorgeous, the house is gorgeous, the girls are gorgeous... Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks...lol! I can't wait for you to read it either- and fix all my horrible grammar!! =D

      Delete
  8. Wow, the party one and outfits remind me of Gatsby! Sounds like an intriguing read . . . I'm sure you'll have it polished in no time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are spot on! I'm going for a Great Gatsby/steampunk mix.

      Delete
  9. What great world building. I love the pictures, it looks like a winner!!!

    I just finished my 3rd draft...UGH! Done and off the the editor on Friday. I wish you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on that! Hope you treated yo' self. ;)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing, love the pictures and the house is.....amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great images...especially the hot air balloons at night!
    Looks like a wonderful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I SO feel your pain right now. I'm trying to plot out this book and I keep procrastinating. I just feel like I need to wait for some magic inspiration to fall into my brain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I've told myself I was going to write every single day this week. I think I've gotten in like 100 words so far, ugh.

      Delete
  13. Basically I'm thinking you'll have literary gold just as soon as you finish. Seriously. Deep breath, and remember why you love it, eh? I rewrote my last book twice...from the ground up. Never would have finished if not for certain people prodding, pushing, shoving me forward. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp, your comment made my Friday, lol! I'd love to have some literary gold in my pocket. =) And yay for the prodders in our life!!

      Delete
  14. These images all put together make your WIP sound quite magical and fascinating--keep getting those words down!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!