Wednesday, December 14, 2016

First Chapter Reading of VIOLET GRENADE

I always think it's so neat to see/hear authors read their work, and for your enjoyment, here's Victoria Scott reading the first chapter of Violet Grenade, out May 2nd 2017 from Entangled Teen. 




Summary from Goodreads:

DOMINO: A girl with blue hair and a demon in her mind.

CAIN: A stone giant on the brink of exploding.

MADAM KARINA: A woman who demands obedience.

WILSON: The one who will destroy them all.

When Madam Karina discovers Domino in an alleyway, she offers her a position inside her home for entertainers in secluded West Texas. Left with few alternatives and an agenda of her own, Domino accepts. It isn’t long before she is fighting her way up the ranks to gain the madam’s approval. But after suffering weeks of bullying and unearthing the madam’s secrets, Domino decides to leave. It’ll be harder than she thinks, though, because the madam doesn’t like to lose inventory. But then, Madam Karina doesn’t know about the person living inside Domino’s mind.

Madam Karina doesn’t know about Wilson.


If Violet Grenade sounds like your kinda book, it's available on NetGalley right now! Go here


7 comments:

  1. I like hearing authors read from their books too. It's always great to hear it as it was meant to sound, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this sounds cool! And an author reading is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one vivid cover.
    Brave. I don't think I could read from my own book like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate reading my work out loud in front of people. But in my defense, I hate reading anything out loud in front of anyone, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the premise! I remember feeling so sheepish reading aloud at a signing. I kept wondering if I was boring everyone with my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, and by fireside is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this, Leandra. It sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!