Wednesday, March 1, 2017

IWSG: Stuck in a Rut


The IWSG is a community where writers can share their fears and insecurities about the writing life. To learn more, check out their website here.


Nothing fun & exciting here, folks!

I'm still struggling to finish the book that I originally thought I'd write in 3 months. Ha.Ha.Ha. Then six months & then nine and yada yada yada. On April 1st I'll have been writing this book for a year, and I'm so ready to be done w/first drafting. 

I'm close, but even that can't seem to make me buckle down and just get it done. I know from experience I'll eventually get there, and to just keep living life and getting writing in when I can. *weary fist bump*

But...actually...there is something fun & exciting, it just doesn't have to do with me: I finished reading Beth Ellyn's debut novel last night! At First Blush is fantastic!! If you are a YA contemporary fan, read it!! There's banter, and snark, and swoony kissing, and a moody rock star. And another plus for me was getting to see into a world I knew nothing about: YouTubers. And late night talk shows. Getting a peek into what it's like behind the scenes was SO intriguing. I seriously can't recommend it enough, you all!!

It's available for request on NetGalley right now. And there's a fun pre-order going on as well...



14 comments:

  1. eep!! <3 I'm so so happy you liked it. Made my week!! And we're in the same boat, writing wise. I'm finding it so hard these days. The writing rut is real! Hoping we break out soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I took about 3 years to get my first draft done. Now it's been another 3 years and I'm still not done (3rd draft, though)!
    You'll get there. Just keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also in that rut. I even took a few months off to see if that spark would come back, but alas... I've preordered Beth's book and can't wait to read it! It's enough to make me want to request it on Netgalley even though I know my own copy will be here soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some book take their own sweet time to get written. I am also in a big writing rut, Leandra. Lets just jump out and kick some serious writing butt, what say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep after that ending.
    Very excited for Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books always take longer to bake than you think, but I'm sure you'll get it done. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some books are like that. And some come together in a matter of weeks. It's so funny to me how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some books take time. I started my first published novel in 2008. I put it aside for a long while, then finished the first full draft in 2010. It took me three years to revise it and then it still needed edits. :)
    However, book 2 came much faster.
    Now ... I'm into something new and it's taking me a while to get it off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm... well I was looking for something to read. Except that description sounds eerily similar to something I'm working on. Ah! Sounds like I'll love it then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you! We can both finish, I just know it!
    Thanks for the visit today!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Beth Ellen and her new release! Writing always takes longer than I think it will. That's annoying, but when I finally finish, I know it's good. Wishing you luck with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm working on one right now that I thought would be an easy story to tell. Ha! I have rewritten the beginning a hundred times already. Oy vey.

    I'll have to check out Beth Ellen's book. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear your progress hasn't been there. I totally know how you feel. But it is great to hear about Beth Ellyn's upcoming release! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Beth~ sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!