Thursday, July 20, 2017

Updates

My poor blog, it's so neglected lately. I saw my last post was in June, and decided to rectify that. So here's me, posting! About...Oh, heck. Lots of random things.
 
Even though I'm not pregnant, I've been having fun planning baby shower boards on Pinterest. I've decided if we do have another one, & it's a boy, I want to do a circus-themed baby shower. I love the bright colors I've picked (red, turquoise, & orange), and for desserts, I'd do cupcakes with animal cracker toppers, cotton candy in paper cones, white chocolate popcorn, & mini caramel apples. 


And if it doesn't happen as a baby shower, I can always do it for the kidlet's birthday party one year. He usually wants a cartoon-character themed bday party, but if I read him enough circus books, and use my motherly persuasion, I think I could bring him around. ;)


(source)

I am going to start painting our house soon. It's all flat paint right now, and so scuffed and dingy that it's driving me crazy. I've also decided to paint the ceilings (shoot me!), which should be a learning curve, because I've never painted a ceiling in my life. #arghgroan


I am still in the midst of revisions. I'll be amazed if I'm done by the end of the year with them. It is such a twisted up hot mess right now. But that's okay. I'll get there eventually, said the Little Engine that could. 

(source)

I just put this book on hold at the library, Final Girls. I'm not a huge thriller/horror fan, but I read the sample online & it really hooked me. I think it's the combo of this woman having a gory past, but now she bakes. I like the juxtaposition of those two things together. Once covered in blood? Now you're covered in frosting! (Read the sample on Amazon, and you'll see what I mean.)

Happy Thursday everyone! We're one day away from the weekend...

17 comments:

  1. Just tell him he should be happy to get any party. Too harsh? Probably why I don't have kids...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids & their birthdays- you've no idea...Ha, no, he'd probably be fine if I just told him 'You're having a circus bday party this year' & happily go on his way.

      Delete
  2. Painting ceilings is the worst. Good luck, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I bet a circus party would be fun. Just keep trying to persuade him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a few pictures, and upbeat tone, and he'll prolly be all in. =)

      Delete
  4. I think you should throw a circus party for your own birthday. It would be awesomely fun to do with several families--and your peers will probably appreciate the little touches more than the kids ever will, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes think about painting my place...and then remember that I hate painting and so it'll stay the color it is :) good luck though--are you going to do fun colors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been neglecting my blog too. I'm just getting around to responding to Monday Mishmash comments. How is it Friday already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My week flies too. Monday morning I'm hating it's the start of a new week, then I blink, and I'm getting off for the weekend. Which is entirely too short!

      Delete
  7. Nice to see an update, Leandra. Your circus-themed party sounds fun; lots of luck with painting the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! About time we heard from you. =) Of course, I say this right before I'm about to disappear for a while. Because I am pregnant. And close to popping. Want to throw me a shower? (Kidding, kidding.) Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you did well with your painting! Painting is on my list too.

    Those are cute cupcakes. I think kids could totally be on board with a circus themed party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love the cupcakes! That sounds like such a cute theme for a party too. My son's always had their own ideas for themes--I hope you can persuade yours. :)
    Keep on keeping on with the revision. I'm in the same place. It's somewhat discouraging when it's all taken apart so to speak. But you're right about the little engine that could.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And appreciate the time it took to leave one, so THANK YOU!!!